WARRIOR: (noun) a warrior symbolizes many characteristics which describe our students: attitude of persistence, champion, brave, trooper, disciplined, trained, and survivor.
Watson High School strives to be a community in which all students are inspired to embrace life-long learning and become productive citizens.
Some students are not successful in a traditional classroom setting. The curriculum, daily schedule, and classroom arrangements of Watson High School are designed to develop the personal responsibility and self-discipline necessary to earn a high school diploma. Students who are prepared to work hard can accelerate and progress towards that goal.
- Our students have the privilege of a 15:1 student/teacher ratio, which allows them to build accountability and trust with their teachers.
- Students graduate throughout the year upon completion of the necessary graduation requirements.
- Watson students have the potential to earn more credits per semester than the traditional high school.
- Students meet to discuss relevant campus issues
- Students plan and oversee: Socials, charity fundraisers, student polls
- Students develop ideas to build student unity
- Our parenting students receive instruction and parenting training as well as guidance to help them to adjust and stay in school during pregnancy and postpartum.
What our students say:
"Watson High School has helped me to not only earn back my credits but to establish goals and put me back on track with my life. Without Watson High School, I would not have the opportunities that I now have ahead of me." - Pablo, Class of 2016
"If all the teachers were like the teachers at Watson High School, there would not be a need for Watson." - Nicholas, Class of 2015
Become a Warrior:
If you are interested in becoming a part of Watson High School, please follow these steps:
- Talk to your counselor!
- Complete an application.
- Return the application to your counselor
We will contact you for an interview upon seat availability and review of your application.