Communications and Marketing
Department Mission:The mission of the Communications & Marketing Department is to foster strategic relationships to effectively and openly communicate important news, information, achievements, and successes of Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD through a two-way communication program serving parents, students, school staff, Board members, administrators, and community members.
The Communications team oversees and coordinates all the district's media, public and community relations, and promotes awareness and understanding of EMS ISD programs, services, mission, and goals. We support school leaders and personnel in communication needs, manage communications in crisis situations, and work to promote the image and identity of the district among internal and external stakeholders.
The Marketing branch of the department is designed to create and foster mutually beneficial partnerships between local businesses and the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD community. The program is intended to provide a community connection that supports the district, local businesses, and the students of EMS ISD.
Quick Links:Communication Services - Send us your news, or request design work
Communication ServicesThe communications department provides support for the District's communications needs, including:
- Internal communications (i.e. Campus Connection)
- External communications to targeted audiences
- News releases and media relations
- District website and other electronic communications
- Graphic Design
Request for Services
- Submitting a news story?
- Needing an event posted on our Calendar of Events
- Need event coverage?
Click here to get started with your request.After receiving your form, the communications staff will follow up with you to begin the project.This may include any of the following activities:
- Meeting with individuals to discuss communications needs and timelines.
- Develop strategic communications plans in collaboration with individuals to meet their communications needs within budgetary constraints, including print and electronic communications.
- Produce news and feature stories with supporting photography, and, when relevant, audio and video components to meet the project’s communications goals and objectives.
- Disseminate news and events information via the district's website and through news releases and media advisories to targeted news media, including campus communications outlets.
- Produce or assist (through editorial/design review) in the production of event programs, electronic messages, and other informational materials for the department and/or campuses needs.
Advertising & Marketing
The Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD marketing program was implemented in January 2015 to create and foster mutually beneficial partnerships between local businesses and the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD community. The program is intended to provide a community connection that is beneficial for the district, local businesses, and the students of EMS ISD. Advertising through EMS ISD Marketing allows organizations to build their brand while helping to support and enhance the mission and objectives of the district and generate additional revenue for the district.This exciting program provides many different advertising options such as signage at athletic facilities, promotional opportunities, online marketing, and more. We offer flexible payment plans and package discounts.[pricing options] [digital advertising] [stadium signage] [specialty opportunities] [employee perks]
Department Awards:2015-2016NSPRA Award of Merit, eNews Community NewsletterNSPRA Honorable Mention, District WebsiteNSPRA Honorable Mention, "We Believe" video (Texas Public Schools Week)NSPRA Honorable Mention, "What's Next" video (produced for EMS Education Foundation)2014-2015 — None submitted2013-2014 — None submitted2012-2013TSPRA Best of Category Award l 3 AwardsTSPRA Gold Star Award l 10 AwardsTSPRA Silver Star Award l 7 AwardsTSPRA Bronze Star Award l 1 Award2011-2012TSPRA Best of Category Award l 2 AwardsTSPRA Gold Star Award l 4 AwardsTSPRA Silver Star Award l 8 Awards2010-2011
NSPRA Award of Merit | 2 Awards
TSPRA Best of Category | 3 Awards
TSPRA Gold Star Award | 4 AwardsTSPRA is the Texas School Public Relations Association and NSPRA is the National School Public Relations Association.