- Bring all of your materials to class daily.
- Respect yourself and others.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to learn.
- Entering the Classroom: As you enter the room, please be seated. When the bell rings everyone should be quiet and begin working on the bell ringer activity.
- Tardy: Any student who is not in the classroom when the bell rings will be considered tardy. If you are late, go directly to your seat and begin working. If you have a tardy slip, please place it in the "in basket" for your class period.
- End of Class: At the end of class, please remain in your seat. I will dismiss you. The bell DOES NOT dismiss you.
- Listening To/Responding To Questions: Everyone has the right to be respected when they are speaking. If you would like to ask a question or make a comment, please raise your hand and wait to be called on. Please do not speak while someone else is speaking. Everyone will have an opportunity to talk.
- When You Need Help: If you are having difficulty with an assignment, I am available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday before school from 7:45 - 8:15. If you cannot be at school during those times, please arrange a time that is convenient; and I am happy to help you. If you or your parents need to speak with me outside of the classroom, please schedule an appointment with me.
- Moving Around the Room: If you need to move around the room, please raise your hand and wait to be called upon. Please do not interrupt in the middle of a lesson or explanation unless it is an emergency.
- Restroom: You will not be allowed to use the restroom during an explanation or direct lesson. Please make every effort to use the restroom before or after class.
- You MUST have your planner completed to leave the classroom.
- Classroom Language: Please use appropriate language in the classroom. Do not use negative words. Always speak positively about other classmates and what we are studying.
- When You Finish Early: If you finish your work early, read or work on other work that you need to complete.
- Seating Charts: You must sit in your assigned seat. We will change seating arrangements every 6 weeks or sooner, if needed.
If we all work together and respect each other, we are sure to have a fabulous year!
- Incentives and Consequences: It is important that you respect and follow the classroom rules and procedures on a daily basis. There will be appropriate rewards for following the guidelines explained above, as well as appropriate consequences for not following the classroom rules and procedures.