APPROVAL GUIDELINES FOR FLYER DISTRIBUTION TO STUDENTS
The District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational or enrichment nature for students by providing a system for distributing materials to stakeholders electronically. Eflyers are sent via email and posted online through the district's partner, Peachjar.
The criteria for distribution of non-school literature as outlined below and in EMS ISD Policy GKDA(LOCAL) must be met for a flyer to be considered for approval.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
- The group distributing the literature must be identified by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit [501(c)(3), 501(c)(4)] organization, an accredited educational institution, a company with programs of benefit for students ages 3-18, or the company is distributing free or non-conditional coupons to use as academic rewards.
- The materials must involve age and/or developmentally appropriate activities for students and must clearly state that the activity is for students or students' benefit.
- Fundraising flyers may be approved for groups affiliated with an EMS ISD campus (PTA/PTO, booster clubs, student groups), provided they meet the above criteria. Fundraising activities for individuals will not be approved at the district-level.
- Flyers promoting any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure will not be approved.
- The flyer must not cause disruption of the operation and discipline of the school.
- Free or Non-Conditional Coupons may be distributed if coupons are appropriate for students and offer a complimentary free item (no conditions of purchase) to use as academic rewards or incentives for students. Example: Students who read 20 books during the school year will receive a coupon for a free ice cream sundae at a local restaurant.
- Free with purchase or buy one, get one free flyers are not approved for distribution.
- Commercial advertisements will not be approved.
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards contained herein. Please note there is a small fee to distribute flyers through the Peachjar system but it is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper fliers to each school.All flyers must contain the following statement: "This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District."QUESTIONS? For questions contact the Communications Department:
Amanda Moore or Megan Overman