Ways parents can help with Reading...Reading Practice
As with any skill, the more your practice the better you become. Just like learning to ride a bike, reading also needs to be practiced. Parents can help!
- Read to and with your child every day.
- Ask questions about what is being read to make sure your child understands.
- Rereading stories and books is fine.
- Take your child to the library and stay awhile to read together (then checkout books to take home).
- Make reading a priority in your home.
- Remember you are your child's most important teacher. Children learn to do what you do!