Explanation of the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR)Download the current 2015-16 Boswell High School TAPR Report, click here (current report is always based upon prior year's data).
For an individual campus TAPR report, go to that campus site, click on About Us/Ratings.The Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR) pull together a wide range of information on the performance of students in each school and district in Texas every year. Performance is shown disaggregated by student groups, including ethnicity and low income status. The reports also provide extensive information on school and district staff, programs, and student demographics.
The performance indicators are:
- Results of State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) by grade, by subject, and by all grades tested;
- Participation in the STAAR tests;
- Results of the Student Success Initiative;
- English Language Learners Progress Measure;
- Attendance Rates;
- Annual Dropout Rates (grades 7-8, grades 7-12, and grades 9-12);
- Completion Rates (4-year longitudinal);
- College Readiness Indicators;
- Completion of Advanced / Dual Enrollment Courses;
- Completion of the Recommended High School Program or Distinguished Achievement Program;
- Participation and Performance on Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Examinations;
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI) – Higher Education Readiness Component;
- Participation and Performance on the College Admissions Tests (SAT and ACT), and
- College-Ready Graduates;
Performance on each of these indicators is shown disaggregated by ethnicity, sex, special education, low income status, limited English proficient status (since 2002-03). The reports also provide extensive information on school and district staff, finances, programs and student demographics.