With cold and flu season in full swing, and in light of the Ebola virus present in the metroplex, Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District would like to request your cooperation in an attempt to prevent the spread of these harmful germs and infectious diseases.
If you or your child have experienced a temperature above the normal reading of 98.6, a persistent cough, nausea, or vomiting, please consider the safety of our staff and the other students in our district by keeping your student home until full healing and recovery have taken place.
Please take note of the following precautions reported by the Centers of Disease Control to hinder the transfer of harmful germs to other people:
Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs:
1. Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
2. If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.)
3. While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
4. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
6. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
7. Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like the flu.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping our
community safe & healthy!J. Holly Miller BSN,RNRegistered NurseChisholm Trail High School817-232-7112 EXT 7037