Important announcement: The transfer process has concluded for the 2017-2018 school year
Transfer requests were accepted twice for the 2017-2018 school year during a designated application window. The final window to request an in-District transfer closed on September 22, 2017.Transfer requests for the 2018-2019 school year will be submitted online through Family Access beginning in March 1, 2018.
2018-2019 Transfer Guidelines
The EMS ISD general guidelines apply to all requests. Please review all guidelines prior to completing an online transfer application.
Transfer Requests are accepted twice a year (once per semester). The first transfer request window occurs during the spring of the 2017-2018 school year for students to begin transfer attendance for the first semester of the 2018-2019 school year. The second request window will allow students to apply for a transfer for the spring semester.
- Fall Deadline – Transfer requests for the fall 2018-2019 first semester will be received from March 1, 2018 through May 11, 2018. Consideration for these requests will not occur until after June 25, 2018. Transfer requests will not be accepted after May 11, 2018 for the first semester.
- Spring Deadline - Transfer requests for the spring 2018-2019 second semester will be received from November 1, 2018 through December 14, 2018. Consideration for second semester transfer requests will not occur until after January 7, 2019. Transfer requests will not be accepted after December 14, 2018 for the second semester.
- Transfer requests will be considered based on the order received, student teacher ratio, facility availability, enrollment, disciplinary history, student academic and attendance records must be in good standing. If a student is withdrawn from the campus for any reason, the transfer becomes void and they shall return to their home zoned campus.
- Campuses Closed for Transfers (2018-2019): New transfer requests will not be accepted for the following campuses: Comanche Springs Elementary, Dozier Elementary, Lake Pointe Elementary, Eagle Mountain Elementary, Northbrook Elementary and Ed Willkie Middle School.
- Repeat transfers – Students who attended and completed the 2017-2018 school year on a previously approved transfer and desire to remain at the same campus may continue to attend the same school as long as the parent and the student reside in the district, meet all transfer eligibility requirements, and there is available space. The originally approved transfer request will serve as the official transfer document and no additional transfer request is required unless a change in attendance zone occurs.
- Dual Residence or Power of Attorney: Students who have an established primary residence in the district and establish a second residence through a Power of Attorney, guardian change, cohabitation, rental/purchase agreement or through any other means of establishing a second residence, will be expected to attend the campus in the attendance zone in which their primary residence is located.
- One transfer request may be submitted annually for a student.
- Participation in UIL activities shall be in accordance with all applicable UIL regulations.
- Transportation for students on an approved transfer is not guaranteed and may not be available except as required by federal law.
- Students entering transitional grade levels who will attend a new campus, such as grades 6 and 9 must apply for a transfer if they wish to attend a campus other than the campus they are zoned to attend. Prior transfer approvals are only valid for that specific campus and not for all campuses in the feeder pattern.
- Kindergarten students must register at the campus in which they are zoned to attend. They shall attend Kindergarten Round-up at their home campus for which they are zoned, not the campus in which they wish to request a transfer to attend.