If you would like to make a counseling referral for your child, please call, email, or click here to complete an online form.
A parent can contact the school counelor for the following reasons
- Behavioral Concerns
- Academic Achievement
- Transition to a new school
- Crisis Situations
- Family Transitions
- Divorce, Remarriage, Change in family dynamics
- Birth, adoption, or fostering of a new sibling
- Death of a family member, friend, or pet
- Parenting help
- Outside counseling or community resources
- Anytime you feel I can help!
How does a student see the counselor individually or in small group?
- Self-referral by the student
- Referral by the family
- Referral by a teacher or other staff member
What do students talk about with the counselor?
- Friendship / Understanding Others
- Decision Making / Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Feelings / Wellness
- School Problems / Study Skills
- Self Concept
What are possible small group topics for students?
- Anger Management
- Children of Divorce/Separation
- Social Skills
- Making Good Choices
How can the counselor work with parents?
- Meet with parents concerning their child
- Inform parents of situations or behaviors that may concern their child
- Obtain parental consent before proceeding with on-going counseling
- Offer workshops of interest to parents
- Provide information about community resources