Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect
Child abuse is a community issue. Every person can help make sure the children of Texas have a brighter future. Preventing child abuse is up to all of us. Child abuse prevention means stopping child abuse and neglect before it happens.
Research has demonstrated that five important factors can help protect children from the risk of child abuse and neglect.
1. Nurturing and attachment
2. Knowledge of parenting and of child and youth development
3. Parental resilience
4. Social connections
5. Concrete support for parents
- http://www.childwelfare.gov/preventing/Opens a New Window.
- Texas Department of Family Protective Services: How to Stop Child Abuse; Texas StatutesOpens a New Window.
- Texas Department of Family Protective Services: How to Report Child Abuse or NeglectOpens a New Window.
- Texas Attorney General What Can We Do About Child Abuse?Opens a New Window.
- Texas Council on Family Violence Abuse Prevention LinksOpens a New Window.