- Regular library hours are 8:00 AM-3:45 PM daily. (some exceptions for meetings, appointments, and testing days)
- With teacher permission, students may use the library any time of day. Please see your teacher for a pass to the library.
- Most ELAR teachers bring their classes on a 3 week rotation.
- Library materials are due in three weeks, and may be renewed for another three weeks if it is not on hold for another student.
- Items turned in after the three week checkout period are considered late and are subject to a fine of 5 cents per day overdue. Please see Mrs. Ivey if you were absent the day your book was due.
- We do give a one-day grace period on all overdue books.
- Students are responsible for damaged or lost items. Please take care of your books!
- Students are not allowed to checkout any books if their fines exceed 50 cents or if their fine is more than one month old. Once your fine is paid, you may resume normal checkout.
- Please see Mrs. Ivey if you need to work out a weekly payment plan. As long as you make your scheduled payment each week, I will allow you to check out one book at a time until the fine is cleared (even if your fine is more than 50 cents).
Students are welcome in the library any time of the school day to checkout, use library computers, complete assignments or tests, or read quietly. Teachers should send students with a pass to the library.
Visiting the Library During FOCUS
Students are welcome to come to the library during FOCUS. You are required to check in with your FOCUS teacher first and have a pass to enter the library. You need to be working on a project or taking care of library business. If you are working on a project you will need a pass from the teacher who assigned the project.
Visiting the Library Before School
Many students arrive at school early. The library is open daily at 8:00 AM for library business only. Students will be allowed to come for checkout purposes only.
The library is closed at times before school, so please do not rely on the library being open every morning.
Visiting the Library After School
The library is open daily after school until 3:45 PM. Students are welcome to stay in the library to use computers, checkout, or read quietly after 3:45 as long as I am there. We are closed during faculty meetings, which are usually on Wednesday afternoons.