Welcome to the High Country Elementary School Nurse's Office!Here are a few of the services that your school nurse will provide:
Clinic Hours:7:30am - 3:30pmClinic Lunch:1:00pm - 1:30If your student will need to receive medication at school or has any special health care needs:
- Administer medications
- Manage the care of diabetics, asthmatics, and those with various health conditions
- Provide first aid care and staff training
- Coordinate on-campus health events such as a visit from a dentist
- Complete state-required hearing, vision, scoliosis and AN screenings
- Assist with emergency and safety protocol in the school
- Develop individual health care plans for students with special health needs
- Provide wellness education opportunities to students and families
- Monitor students for current immunizations
- Create a safe place for students to go who need care for an illness, injury or a special need.
- Click on "parent forms" tab on the left side of this webpage, and print out the appropriate paperwork for your student.
- Fill out the forms and obtain a doctor's signature on all IHP forms and for medications requiring administration throughout the school year.
- Return completed paperwork along with any medication or medical supplies that your child will need to the clinic.
- Contact the nurse if you need to discuss your child's individual medical needs or to set up a meeting.
- Visit the district website under Departments - Health Services for additional information.
2017-2018 Immunization Requirements:
- Please review the Immunization Information tab to be sure the vaccination record for your student is up to date.
- There is a list of locations where low cost vaccinations are being given in the district and around the community on the district website. Print-outs of those locations, times and costs of upcoming vaccination clinics can be found in the school's front office.
- If your student has a vaccination exemption form, check to be sure it has not expired. New exemption forms must be notarized, and can be done so by a school secretary.
For any questions or concerns about your child's health,contact the new High Country Elementary NurseSarah Orellana RN BSN817-306-8007Mission statement of Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Health Services:
To provide quality health services to each student by promoting safety, well-being and health education.