The Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD offers a pre-kindergarten program for qualifying four-year-olds.
A child may enroll in the program if the student lives in the district, is four years old as of
September 1 of the current school year, and can meet one of the following requirements:
• Family income must fall within federal guidelines for free and reduced lunch program.
Parent(s) must show proof of income with the previous year's income tax return and/or 3
current pay stubs.
• Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of
the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other
person having lawful control of the child
• Limited English Proficiency (as defined by 42 U.S.C.S. Section, 11302).
• Child of an active duty member of the armed forces, mobilized Reservist or member of
the Texas National Guard, including the child of a member who was hurt or killed on
active duty. Parent/Guardian must present a Department of Defense identification (such
as a DoD photo ID), or a statement of service, or an official letter from a commander
stating that he/she is on active duty or mobilized.
• Child is currently or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of
Family and Protective Services (DFPS) (i.e., in foster care).
If your student meets the criteria listed above AND you already have children attending Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD schools, please click here to log in to your existing Skyward Family Access account and register your child for Pre-Kindergartern.
If your student meets the criteria listed above AND you do not currently have children enrolled in Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD schools, click here to register your student for Pre-Kindergarten.
Once you have finished the online registration process, please provide the following documents to the Hafley Development Center to complete the online registration process for your incoming Pre-Kindergartner:
- Student's birth certificate (order a certified birth certificate at Texas.gov)
- Student's Social Security card
- Current immunization records (click here for requirements)
- Proof of residency with a matching valid Texas driver's license or identification card (click here for proof of residency requirements)
- Proof that your student meets at least one of the Pre-K enrollment requirements listed above
For more information, please contact the Hafley Development Center at the number listed below.