Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Teacher Website Standards
These minimum standards are the "best practices" teachers in the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD should establish on the "Overview" page of their personal teacher website. The minimum standards include:
Email address (listed and linked)
Link to classroom social media, blogs, Canvas, etc.
Brief welcome message
Click here to see a sample teacher overview page.
***BEST PRACTICES: VIEWERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION. THAT SHOULD BE NEAR THE TOP WITH YOUR PICTURE.***
These additional standards are items the district would like to see on teacher's pages, however, not the general expectation. The additional standards include, but are not limited to:
Meet/About [name] - teacher bio
Class expectations, rules, procedures, etc.
Calendar - please delete if not in use
Assignments/Homework - secondary is encouraged to use Canvas
Sample pages: Here are a few good examples from across the district:
In an effort to establish a more unified, cohesive website district-wide that is user-friendly and communicates a consistent message, we ask that you adhere to the above minimum and additional standards as well as these best practices:
- Size: 3 or 4
- Formatting: Bold
- Color: A neutral color or school/campus color
- Font: A "plain" font such as Arial or Times New Roman. FYI: The district site and departmental pages typically use Arial.
- Size: 2 or 3
- Formatting: Regular or Italics if necessary to accentuate text
- Color: Preferably black, but another neutral color or school/campus color can be used if it is easy on the eye. For example, Northbrook Elementary colors are purple and orange. Orange is harder to see than purple..
- Images should be an accent item on the page and should not distract from the content of the page. Alt text is required for all photos and should accurately describe the photo for screen-reading technology. Ex. Photo of Mrs. Gode and her three children
- Cartoon/Animated images should not be used