Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Fine Arts Website StandardsOctober 31, 2012Minimum StandardsThese minimum standards are the "best practices" fine arts employees in the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD should establish on their website. The main "overview" page should include:Image/Header at the top of the page identifying the program• Example 1 - Sample Fine Arts PageDirectors Contact InformationThis should include all "main" staffInformation to be included is:• Picture• Name• Title• Email address (listed and linked)• Phone number• Twitter handle if applicableOther Information• The only other information to be included on this page is an image/link to social media sites if applicable and a link to an external website that is maintained by the booster club.Minimum Standards - SidebarThese are the minimum standards that need to be listed on the sidebar. These are not the only pages that a program can have on the side, they are just the minimum required. The additional pages include:• Announcements | This page is where all announcements that are date sensitive should be placed.• Directors Bio | This page should be a coaches biography. It can include all coaches or just the head coach.• EMS ISD Fine Arts Department | This page should "hard-link" directly to the Fine Arts Department website off the district page.• Calendar | Use this page to highlight important dates.Additional Standards - SidebarAdditional pages can be listed on the sidebar at the director's discretion. The pages can include, but are not limited to:• Photo Gallery• Booster Club• Links• Etc.Click here to view a sample fine arts webpage.
Best PracticesIn an effort to establish a more unified, cohesive website district-wide that is user-friendly and communicates a consistent message, we ask that you adhere to the above minimum and additional standards as well as these best practices:Headlines:
- Size: 3 or 4
- Formatting: Bold
- Color: A neutral color or school/campus color
- Font: A "plain" font such as: Arial or Times New Roman. FYI: The district site and departmental pages typically use Arial.
- Size: 2 or 3
- Formatting: Regular or Italics if necessary to accentuate text
- Color: Preferably black, but another neutral color or school/campus color can be used if it is easy on the eye. For example, Saginaw High Schools colors are cardinal and vegas gold. Cardinal is easier to see than vegas gold..
- Images should be an accent item on the page and should not distract from the content of the page. If numerous images want to be placed on a page, please create a separate "photos" page and use the photo gallery app.
- Cartoon/Animated images should be used sparingly and should not distract from the content of the page.
- If a background image or color is going to be used on the page, best practice would be to use one of the school colors. For example:
- Northbrook Elementary SchoolHome of the TrailblazersColors: Purple & OrangeBoswell High SchoolHome of the PioneersColors: Blue & Old GoldPrairie Vista Middle SchoolHome of the CoyotesColors: Green and Gold