Bienvenidos a la clase de español.Welcome to Spanish class.Sra. WomackB103lwomack@ems-isd.net817-306-0914SPANISH 2, 4AP, 5PAP, 5APTues, Thursday- after school 4:30 - 5:30Only by appointment for other days of the weekWhat should you expect from Spanish Class?Spanish 2Student should expect to be immersed in the language in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. We will learn cultural information and take steps to develop the basic and intermediate skills of learning language. Students should expect to practice often in and outside of the classroom. We will try a variety of approaches to accomplish these goals. Technology is one of the key components to learning, so electronic devices will be used for educational practice. Students are encouraged to bring their own devices that they can use with teacher discretion.What should you expect from Advanced Level Courses?Language CoursesStudents should expect full immersion in the Spanish in speaking, listening, reading, and writing and should anticipate strengthening their interdisciplinary knowledge of other content courses in Spanish. You should expect to work independently and collaboratively at home and in the class to develop a strong base of vocabulary and skills. There are websites available for student use and it is expected that students will turn in homework class projects online. Students are encouraged to bring their own electronic device to be utilized for educational purposes in the classroom.Literature CoursesStudents should expect full immersion in Spanish in speaking, listening, reading, and writing and should anticipate strengthening their analytical skills and global awareness through literary analysis and historical studies. Students should read daily both in class and at home to fully grasp the intent of the literature and to be successful in the course. Students are encouraged to bring their own electronic device to be utilized in the class for research and educational purposes.How does a student approach an advanced level course?Here are some suggestions to help all students succeed:
All students should come to class ready to learn and never lose sight of the following:
- Prepare in advance work that is asked of you.
- Collaborate with other students.
- Come to tutorials before you get behind.
- Do not get discouraged. Learning a language has different stages and many times students must work through challenges as they begin to acquire listening and speaking skills.
- Take notes in class.
- Use your strengths. There are 5 aspects to learning the language: communication (listening, reading, writing, speaking, and culture). Some speak well but need support in writing, others write well and need support in speaking and listening. We are here to work together to accomplish our goals.
What are the benefits of learning a World Language?:
Pre-AP and AP courses in a world language are designed to prepare students for college and build the confidence needed to be successful in high school, college, and real world experiences. Some of the advantages of learning a new language are:
• Students may receive college credit if they are successful on the AP test. Check with your college or university.
• The rigor of the AP courses put students in a position to clep out of courses at the university level.
• Pre-Ap and AP courses prepare students to be lifelong learners and successful in real world experiences.
• Learning a new language is fun and great for the brain.What do I need for class?
Spanish II, IV, Pre AP V, AP VSupplies needed for Spanish are:Folders with pockets and brads.Pens, Pencils, Highlighters, and Dry Erase MarkersPaper1 Box of individually wrapped alcohol wipesKleenexSpanish-English Dictionary or word reference.com phone appAccess to a computerWEBSITES:Online tools and websites:Vocabularyhttp://www.wordreference.com/When do we meet?Class schedule:9:05 - 9:5510:00-10:5010:55-11:4511:50-12:4012:45-1:351:40-2:202:25-3:253:30-4:20
Department chair Spanish 2 Lunch Spanish 5APSpanish 4APSpanish 5PAPConference Spanish 2 Spanish 2If you have any questions or concerns please contact me: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 817-306-0914 SEMESTER ONE CONFERENCE - 6th periodEMS-ISD is not responsible for the content of sites hosted on outside webservers.url=http://www.emsisd.com/site/Default.aspx?PageID=9119" id="clustrMapsLink">