Hafley Development Center Mission Statement
Guided by high expectations, the mission of the teaching team at Hafley Development center is to provide students with a broad range of educational opportunities allowing for an early start for school success. We will strive to provide experiences that enrich each child’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive, intellectual and creative abilities while nurturing the children’s capacity to think skillfully and critically. We will also strive to deepen children’s commitment to values such as kindness, helpfulness, personal responsibility, and respect for others. We are committed to knowing the children individually; how they grow, feel, and interact so that each child has the opportunity to learn and develop to his/her fullest potential.From this the following goals have been established for our early childhood programs:
- To provide safe, wholesome, nurturing, educational experiences.
- To provide a learning environment in which the students can think creatively and express their feelings respectively.
- To provide exposure to multi-cultural experiences.
- To assist the students in developing speaking and listening skills necessary to communicate effectively.
- To assist the students in developing sensory skills necessary to interpret and navigate in the world around them.
- To assist the students in developing motor skills necessary to participate in physical aspects of life.
- To assist the students in developing self-help skills necessary for achieving independence.