Tips for Being Successful in Mrs. Robinson’s Class
For many juniors, the third year of high school can be daunting, confusing, and pretty stressful. However, if you follow these simple steps, you stand a greater chance of having fun, learning something fantastic, and becoming an awesome student all at the same time:
I am looking forward to a great year! I am here to help you be successful and these are just a few hints that will be helpful along the way. Follow these tips and if you need help, talk to me. Have a great 2018-2019 year!:) Mrs. Robinson
- Writer's Notebook – You will need this EVERY DAY!!!! You will be responding to a journal prompt or completing a DOL (Daily Oral Language) activity every day. In addition, you will take notes, work on essays, and other activities on a regular basis in your notebook. This will be kept in the classroom and you will not have any need to take it home.
- Homework – Keep up with your homework! It will be due when you walk into class. You will have vocabulary every week and you will have on average 1 video to watch per week that will require you to take notes in your Interactive Notebook. Do not get behind. The videos will help you with concepts and lessons that we are studying. If you are not prepared, you will get lost in class.
- Participate – The more you engage yourself in class by listening when others are talking and participating in the discussions that take place, the more you will learn and therefore, the easier my class will be. Don’t tune out just because I am not talking directly to you. Keep your ears open, your mind engaged in the conversation, and be willing to take chances. “Mistakes are proof that you are trying.” –unknown
- Grades - I do not give out extra credit. Do your work the first time and give me your very best. When I offer the opportunity to correct an assignment, correct it. Turn in your homework. Study for your tests. If you do this, you won’t need the extra credit.
- Class Website – I will upload copies of assignments, post due dates, flipped classroom videos, helpful resources, and a link to the textbook. Use the website as a resource to help you be successful in my class.
- Tutorials – I will have specific tutorial days, but if you can’t meet on those scheduled times and days, please let me know. I am willing to make the time for you if you just ask!