In Money Matters, we will cover the following topics:
This is a one semester class.
- Describe economic systems.
- Discuss economic concepts impacting finance.
- Describe economic indicators impacting financial decision making.
- Determine the impact of global and international trade on business decision making.
- Explain the impact of government on business activities in the Free Enterprise System.
- Understand the fundamental principles of money.
- Facilitate finance activities and the impact on society.
- Analyze personal financial needs based on projected economic factors.
- Manage personal finances.
- Compare and contrast investment strategies.
- Demonstrate understanding of methods to manage financial resources for a business.
- Simulate obtaining business credit and controlling its use.
- Identify potential business threats and opportunities to protect business financial well-being.
- Describe financial providers.
- Determine financial needs for business development and growth.
- Develop a career plan in financial planning.
All topics will be covered but not necessarily in the order they are listed.