Electronic Flyer Approval and Delivery in Our Schools | Eflyers
To be more environmentally friendly and to embrace innovative technology, we have moved from paper to electronic flyer delivery. Eflyers are sent directly to our parents' email inboxes as well as posted online for easy access through the district's partner, Peachjar. Register for an account with Peachjar today! It is simple and your email address will never be shared with any outside sources.
The service also provides electronic flyer creation and approval for those wanting to partner with our schools. If you are a community organization or enrichment program provider and want to reach our students, Peachjar is a great system for you too. Learn more at Peachjar.com.
To Distribute Flyers in Our Schools
Our district cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational or enrichment nature for students by providing a system for distributing materials to stakeholders electronically. Once your flyer is posted to a school's Peachjar site, parents are notified by email of the new posting.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
- Visit Peachjar.com
- Register as a Program Provider/Community Organization (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval. (All flyers must contain the following statement: "This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District.")
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the flyer distribution guidelines (see policy below).Peachjar charges a fee for this service which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. The cost is approximately $25 per school depending on the frequency of delivery. (See Peachjar website for pricing details). For more information, visit Peachjar.com.
Approval Guidelines for Flyer Distribution to Students
The criteria for distribution of non-school literature as outlined below and in EMS ISD Policy GKDA(LOCAL) must be met for a flyer to be considered for approval.
QUESTIONS? Please contact the Communications Department: firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-232-0880
- The group distributing the literature must be identified by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit [501(c)(3), 501(c)(4)] organization, an accredited educational institution, a company with programs of benefit for students ages 3-18, or the company is distributing free or non-conditional coupons to use as academic rewards.
- The materials must involve age and/or developmentally appropriate activities for students and must clearly state that the activity is for students or students' benefit.
- Fundraising flyers may be approved for groups affiliated with an EMS ISD campus (PTA/PTO, booster clubs, student groups), provided they meet the above criteria. Fundraising activities for individuals will not be approved at the district level.
- Flyers promoting any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure will not be approved.
- The flyer must not cause disruption of the operation and discipline of the school.
- Free or non-conditional coupons may be distributed if coupons are appropriate for students and offer a complimentary free item (no conditions of purchase) to use as academic rewards or incentives for students. Example: Students who read 20 books during the school year will receive a coupon for a free ice cream sundae at a local restaurant.
- Free with purchase or buy one, get one free flyers are not approved for distribution.
- Commercial advertisements will not be approved.
- All flyers must contain the following statement: "This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District."