AP Exam Registration/Payment Information
2020-2021 AP Exams
May 3-14, 2021
October 30 - Exam decision and required deposit deadline
February 19 - All AP exams must be paid in full
February 19 - Last day to cancel an exam
Confirm registration for your exam. If you decide not to test, we can cancel your exam. College Board exam cancelation policies will be followed.
AP Pricing and Required Deposit
A $44 per exam deposit is due by October 30, 2020
College Board exam cancelation policies will be followed. The AP exam cost includes a $4.00 non-refundable registration fee.
NEW PAYMENT INFORMATION FOR 2020-2021
***Payments for exams must be made online or mailed directly to Total Registration.***
***NO payments will be accepted at SHS.***
2020-2021 AP Regular Exam Cost: $90 per exam
*Fee reductions are available for qualifying students ($25 per exam)
2020-2021 AP Capstone (Seminar or Research) Exam Cost: $138
*Fee reductoins are available for qualifying students ($73 per exam)
Final Payment Deadline: February 19, 2021
*Students must pay in full for all exams by this deadline. Exams not paid in full will be canceled.
Students taking AP Government or AP Economics during 2nd semester have an exam decision and full payment deadline of February 19, 2021 for those exams only.
Steps to Register for AP Exams at SHS
1. Login to Total Registration. Either create an account, or login to an existing account.
- Click on this link to access the Saginaw High School Total Registration site. TotalRegistration.net/AP/446087
2. Enter all required information. When selecting exams, please only select AP exams you plan to take for the 2020-2021 school year. We encourage you to take the AP exam for all AP courses you are enrolled.
- Please click this link to download the EMS ISD Total Registration User Guide for a step-by-step guide, with visuals, to assist you with the registration and payment process. The guide is also located below in the AP/PAP Resources section.
3. Once you complete the Total Registration questions, the system will prompt you to make your payment. Follow the instructions for making payments to ensure your registration is completed correctly. You can make payments online, or you can mail your payment directly to Total Registration.
- Online payments are the preferred method of payment.
- You can make a full payment for AP exams, or you can make a partial payment/deposit for exams.
- The deadline to make a minimum deposit of $44 per exam is October 30,2020. Exams will not be ordered for students that do not make at least the minimum deposit by this deadline.
- Students that are eligible for the reduced exam fee will need to make the payment in full in October, as the final exam cost is lower than the required deposit amount. Reduced exam fees must be approved by the campus, payment can be made once the request is approved.
- The final deadline to pay the remaining balance on your account is February 19, 2021. Exams not paid in full by this date will be cancelled.
- A $40 late fee will be charged for any exam registrations added between October 30 and February 19.
4. If students need to return to Total Registration to pay at a later time (before the deadline), they may login with the email and password they used when creating their Total Registration account. Once the home page displays, students will click the “Make a Payment” link. Once the link is clicked, follow the prompts to post your payment. Contact your campus CCRS if unable to login to an existing account.
5. Once you submit your information, you will receive a confirmation page listing next steps for completing registration, which includes logging into College Board’s My AP portal and “joining” the appropriate course sections for each of your AP classes.
- For exams to be ordered, students must complete registration and payment through Total Registration, AND, join the appropriate course in the College Board My AP Portal.
- Instructions for joining the AP Classroom have been provided by your AP teacher.
- To ensure you are enrolled in the correct courses in My AP, log in to myap.collegeboard.org. Use your College Board log in information. If you have previously created a College Board account and cannot login to My AP, please use the forgot username/password links to reset your account. If you have never logged into College Board, you need to create an account. If you have trouble logging in to My AP, please call College Board at 1-888-225-5427.
We understand that on rare occasions students must cancel an exam.
- Students who cancel an exam by Friday March 5, 2021, are entitled to a refund of the exam fee minus a cancellation fee of $44.00 (per exam cancelled). College Board's cancellation fee policies will be followed. The AP exam cost includes a $4.00 non-refundable registration fee (per cancelled exam).
- After Friday March 5, 2021, there are no refunds.
- Late fees are non-refundable.
- Any refund will be issued to families directly from Total Registration. Refunds for cancelled exams will occur once testing concludes in May 2021.
AP Exam Registration for Homeschool Students
Homeschool students may register for any AP exams offered by SHS. Click this link to access exam offerings for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The registration and payment deadlines and procedures listed above must be followed.
- In Total Registration, indicate "does not attend SHS" when prompted and place "homeschool" in the field requesting student ID number information.