What is the WATCH D.O.G.S. program? (Dads of Great Students)
This program provides an opportunity for fathers to have a glimpse of their child's school day. Each Watch D.O.G.S. father/grandfather/uncle that volunteers will get to experience being a part of a typical school day. As a Watch D.O.G. you will gain knowledge of you child's interactions in the academic and social areas just by spending the day at the school.
There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program:
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
For more information visit the WATCH D.O.G.S. website at https://dadsofgreatstudents.com/
NOTE: You do NOT have to sign up for the WATCH D.O.G. training to volunteer; their website training tab is for school purposes only.
You may also view a short clip of fathers talking about the program:
Purchase Your WATCH D.O.G.S. Apparel
You may order your WATCH D.O.G.S. apparel at http://dadsofgreatstudents.com/general
What do Watch D.O.G.S. do while they are at school?
During your time as a Watch D.O.G.S. you may read to students, assist teachers with class needs, play at recess, eat lunch with your child and stay to visit with all students, patrol the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow before or after school, and any other assigned activities.
Best of all, you have the opportunity to catch a glimpse of a day in the life of your child at school. This is a great way to make connections with your child while supporting the effort that is put into each school day.
How do I sign up at my child’s school?
- You must complete a district volunteer form. These forms are available online only. Go to the district volunteer form: Volunteer Form
- Complete the WATCH D.O.G.S. information form and return it to Mrs. Lott
- We're using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming activity.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/107004795522744018
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
- Once your volunteer form has been processed, you can start volunteering. You also have the option to email Mrs. Lott at email@example.com or call 817-232-0086 ext. 4150 with the date(s) you would like to volunteer at least 2 days prior.