While cases of coronavirus (COVID-19 are currently low in Texas, we know that concern about it remains high and we are here to help you and your loved ones during this time.
What Your TRS Health Plan Can Do for You
Through your TRS-ActiveCare plan, Aetna and CVS Caremark will provide the following to all participants:
- Waived costs for all diagnostic testing of COVID-19 for patients who meet CDC guidelines (ask your provider to make sure you qualify).
- Waived costs for COVID-19 Antibody tests, COVID-19 diagnostics tests, home kits billed by LabCorp and Quest.
- $0 TRS Virtual Health visits through Teledoc visits for any health need.
- Care packages- if you or your family members contract COVID-19 - containing over-the-counter medications to alleviate symptoms and household cleaning supplies to help protect other household members from possible exposure. If you are eligible for this benefit conact Aetna.
- Refills for maintenance medications before a 30-day prescription is up (strongly encouraged).
- Free in home delivery of all prescription medications. See CVS' FAQ for more details.
- Access to the following CVS Health programs:
- Expanded 24/7 access to the .Resources for Living toolkit with materials specifically develped for members experiencing anxiety related to COVID-19.
- CVS Health has activated process to allow for 10-day overrides when appropriate, for memebrs in areas where a Declaration of Emergency has been issued.
Core Coverage Benefits
Each benefit is before your deductible and maximum-out-of-pocket costs. Effective through Dec. 31, 2020.
For TRS-ActiveCare and TRS-Care Standard
- $0 diagnostic testing for COVID-19 for patients who meet the CDC guidelines (ask your provider to make sure you qualify)
- $0 for inpatient hospital stays for treatment of COVID-19
- $0 telemedicine visits through 1) TRS Virtual Health powered by Teladoc and 2) any in-network provider who delivers virtual care, such as live video conferencing
Which services are extended at $0 / zero cost?
COVID-19 testing, hospital stays and telemedicine services, including those conducted by your in-network provider or through TRS Virtual Health (i.e. Teladoc, RediMD, MDLive).
Must you have a diagnosis or suspect COVID-19 to take advantage of the telemedicine services?
No, telemedicine services are approved at $0 for all uses.
Which plans are these services extended for at $0 / zero cost?
All plans on TRS-ActiveCare, TRS-Care Standard and TRS-Care Medicare Advantage.
How long is this feature available?
This feature has been extended through Dec, 31, 2020.
Does this mean that any hospital stays/admissions are free until Jan. 1, 2021?
No, only COVID-19 related hospital admissions and stays are covered at 100%.
If I’m on the BCBSTX Primary or Primary+ plan, do I need a PCP referral to get a diagnostic test for COVID-19?
No, you do not need a PCP referral to get a diagnostic test for COVID-19.
What kinds of COVID-19 diagnostic tests are covered?
There are several types of COVID-19 diagnostic tests. Which one is available or used may depend on local availability of testing supplies or the current wait time for results. TRS plans will cover all diagnostic tests for COVID-19.
More information on COVID-19 testing can be found on the CDC website.Testing Locations
The Texas Department of Public Safety (TXDPS) has an interactive map of COVID-19 testing locations throughout Texas. Find a site near you by using your address or zip code in their search bar.
CVS Caremark is currently offering drive-thru testing at specific locations. To take advantage of this benefit, do the following:
- Pre-register on www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
- CVS will determine your eligibility for testing during registration.
- If eligible, you'll enter in your insurance information on your medical ID card.
- Find a testing location near you.
Remember, you will still need to bring your medical ID card for COVID-19 testing. This is not part of CVS Caremark's pharmacy program.
How to Protect Yourself
The Center for Disease Control (SDC) recommends you take precautionary measures while the outbreak is still not contained. Their suggestions are:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol hand sanitizers with 60% alcohol are also effective.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Stay home when you're sick (and keep sick children home from school)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The symptoms for COVID-19 as stated by the CDC are:
- Shortness of breath
If you are experiencing these symptoms, we encourage you to seek out your primary care physician (PCP) before going to an ER. This will save you time, money, and limit your exposure to others.
To stay up to date with COVID-19 in Texas, you can refer to Texas Health and Human Services' dedicated website for the virus, which will be updated daily. We will provide any major updates.
Stay safe and well, and please use TRS health plan resources to the fullest if you should need them.