Family, Career, & Community Leaders of America
FCCLA is a nonprofit national career and technical student organization for young men and women in family and consumer sciences education in public and private school, grades 7-12. Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a dynamic and effective national student organization that helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work and societal issues through family and consumer sciences education. Chapter projects focus on a variety of youth concerns, including teen pregnancy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, environment, nutrition and fitness, teen violence and career exploration. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life -- planning, goal setting, problem-solving, decision making and interpersonal communication -- necessary in the home and workplace.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through-- character development creative and critical thinking interpersonal communication practical knowledge and career preparation.
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- To promote family and consumer sciences and related occupations