Welcome 2018 Seniors!
Graduation Date: June 1st 1:30 p.m
Dear Class of 2018 and Parents,
We are entering the last year of high school for the Class of 2018! In order to help you plan for this exciting time, Saginaw High School has compiled all of information you need leading up to graduation.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your assistant principal with any questions.
Josten's Senior Presentation from September 2017:Direct any questions to 1-800-JOSTENS (567-8367)Presentation:(Hint: use the arrows on your keyboard, or at the bottom of the screen to advance the pages)
Below is the link to the YouTube video on how to order a transcript:Below is the code to add the button to our site:
Spring Exemption Policy
• 10 or more absences in any class = loss of credit
• Makeup hours will be in B115 from 4:30pm-6:30pm
• Assistant principals will contact students to review missing hours and sign contracts detailing makeup hours necessary for graduationFees
◦ Athletics◦ Fine arts◦ Library◦ Cafeteria◦ TextbooksDiploma is held until all fees are paid.
- Please make sure you don’t owe fees to following areas:
Cap, gown, invitation information
• You MAY NOT use a sibling’s gown because the color may be different this year
• Caps and gowns have been delivered. If you have not received yours, please contact Student Services
• Practice: Thursday, May 31 starting at 9:00am
• Must have caps and gowns on for second practice
• Senior class picture will be immediately following
Dress and Attire for Graduation
• Dark attire
• Dark shoes
• No strapless outfits (male or female)
• No flip flops or sneakers
• Only stoles allowed: NHS and/or SHS 2018
In case there is a chance of rain and we all know we live in Texas so you know want that means weather is unpredictable and it could end up sunny but………….
We would recommend telling your students to put their hat and tassel, stoles, cords in a plastic bag to help keep them dry and secure in case of rain while they are entering the graduation venue. Many of them may be running in to keep from getting completely drenched and may loose items running in which makes for a stressful start to the student for graduation. Many kids try to use their mortarboard hat as an umbrella from the rain and mortarboard and rain not a great combination. We appreciate you sharing this information with your students and mostly their families.
2018 Graduation – June 1 Fort Worth Convention Center at 1:30pm
• Arrive at the Fort Worth Convention Center no later than 11:30am.
- Seniors enter at Commerce Street; Parents can enter via 9th Street or Houston Street
• Come dressed with cap and gown on hanger or over your arm unless it is raining
• Parents are not allowed backstage
• Graduation will finish at approximately 3:30pm
• You will receive your diploma after the ceremony unless you owe fines
• No re-entry once you leave the building
Guests at Graduation
• Please let us know if you will have guests with special needs
• You may have as many guests as you like; there are no tickets
• Top 10 students will have special seating for their guests
• Please be aware that there will be a fee for parking
Fort Worth Convention Center Rules
• Fort Worth Convention Center has rules against the following:
• Air horns
• Saving seats