The Bond Planning Committee recommended that the Board of Trustees call a bond election in the amount of $275,000,000 for May 7, 2022. It is the Committee’s recommendation that a bond is needed to prepare for student growth in our community, to replace aging/inadequate systems, and to fulfill our commitments in previous bonds by completing remaining bond program projects negatively affected by COVID-19 inflation.
Bond Package Projects:
- Elementary #19 (growth)
- Elementary #20 (growth)
- Additional land purchase for elementary sites and future site for Agriculture Science Learning Center (growth)
- Replace aging/inadequate systems
- Heating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Lighting upgrades
- Floor replacement
- Roof replacement
- Sidewalk repair, replacement, additions, or new construction
- Gym bleacher replacement
- COVID Inflation to complete the existing bond program
In addition to their recommendation for 2022, the Bond Planning Committee members also identified capital improvement priorities they would like considered in future bonds, including additional facility renovations and replacements. These priorities will be included for consideration for bond programs in the near future.