Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Athletic Website StandardsOctober 31, 2012Minimum StandardsThese minimum standards are the "best practices" coaches in the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD should establish on their athletic website. The main "overview" page should include:Image/Header at the top of the page identifying the sport.Coaches Contact InformationThis should include all coaching staff with the exception of football. Football can choose to list just the head coach and coordinators.Information to be included is:• Picture• Name• Title• Email address (listed and linked)• Phone number• Twitter handle if applicableOther Information:• The only other information to be included on this page is an image/link to social media sites if applicableMinimum Standards - SidebarThese are the minimum standards that need to be listed on the sidebar. These are not the only pages that a sport can have on the side, they are just the minimum required. The additional pages include:• Announcements | This page is where all announcements that are date sensitive should be placed.• Schedules | This page should provide wording about RankOne and then provide a link to all the different schedules.• Coaches Corner | This page should be a coaches biography. It can include all coaches or just the head coach.• EMS ISD Athletics Department | This page should "hard-link" directly to the Athletics Department website off the district page.Additional Standards - SidebarAdditional pages can be listed on the sidebar at the coaches discretion. The pages can include, but are not limited to:• Game Day Itineraries• Photo Gallery• Booster Club• Links• Calendar• Etc.Click here to view a sample athletics webpage.
Best PracticesIn an effort to establish a more unified, cohesive website district-wide that is user-friendly and communicates a consistent message, we ask that you adhere to the above minimum and additional standards as well as these best practices:Headlines:
- Size: 3 or 4
- Formatting: Bold
- Color: A neutral color or school/campus color
- Font: A "plain" font such as Arial or Times New Roman. FYI: The district site and departmental pages typically use Arial.
- Size: 2 or 3
- Formatting: Regular or Italics if necessary to accentuate text
- Color: Preferably black, but another neutral color or school/campus color can be used if it is easy on the eye. For example, Saginaw High Schools colors are cardinal and vegas gold. Cardinal is easier to see than vegas gold..
- Images should be an accent item on the page and should not distract from the content of the page. If numerous images want to be placed on a page, please create a separate "photos" page and use the photo gallery app.
- Cartoon/Animated images should be used sparingly and should not distract from the content of the page.
- If a background image or color is going to be used on the page, best practice would be to use one of the school colors. For example:
- Northbrook Elementary SchoolHome of the TrailblazersColors: Purple & OrangeBoswell High SchoolHome of the PioneersColors: Blue & Old GoldPrairie Vista Middle SchoolHome of the CoyotesColors: Green and Gold