Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Substitute Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD.
All substitute applicants follow the hiring process outlined below:
1. Substitute Application - Applications are submitted through the district's online application system.
2. Candidate Review - The submitted application and credentials are reviewed to ensure the applicant is a qualified candidate.
3. Fingerprinting and Background Check - In compliance with Senate Bill 9, substitute candidates are required to submit to background check and fingerprinting. The cost of fingerprinting is $48.25 and is the candidate’s responsibility. This is a one-time fee and processing that is valid for any Texas school district. The Human Resources department will contact you with further instructions regarding your fingerprinting.
4. In-Person Substitute Training - All new substitutes to the district must attend one training session. Please complete this Form to choose a training day and time. EMS ISD Retired Teachers are exempt.
5. Substitute Compliance Bundle - Substitute candidates will be emailed the Compliance Bundle to complete before being officially hired.
6. Processing - Once in-person training and compliance bundle is complete, candidate is notified by email to complete employment documents via our secure online portal, Laserfiche. College transcripts will be required to submit for the “60 Hours of College Credit” pay tier. High school diploma/GED will also be required to submit for the “High School Diploma” pay tier.
7. Assignment - Candidate is notified via email of approval and begins accepting assignments in the Absence Management system.
8. Substitute Payroll Schedule - Bi-Weekly Payroll Schedule 2023-2024 Substitutes
9. Fingerprint Reimbursement (Starting Aug. 2023) - After working as a substitute at EMS-ISD for 10 days, you can be reimbursed the cost of your fingerprinting. The Fingerprinting Reimbursement Form will need to be completed and submitted along with an uploaded original receipt.
Please note that you will need to log in with your district email account. If you have not set this up yet, please look back at the email you received regarding “Important Technology Access” to find the instructions and set it up while on a campus.
Substitute Teacher pay is:High School Diploma (*Effective February 7, 2022)$90.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$110.00 Mon & Fri$115.00 11+ consecutive days (Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher)60 Hours of College Credit$100.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$120.00 Mon & Fri$125.00 11+ consecutive days (Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher)Degree and Texas Teacher Certification:$110.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$130.00 Mon & Fri$135.00 11+ consecutive days (Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher)EMS Retired Teachers (*Effective February 7, 2022)$120 Tues, Wed, and Thurs$140 Mon & Fri$145 11+ consecutive days (Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher)Self-Contained Special Education Teachers:$110.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$130.00 Mon & Fri$135.00 11+ consecutive days (Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher)Certified Self-Contained Special Education Teachers:$120.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$140.00 Mon & Fri$145.00 11+ consecutive days (Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher)Long-Term Teacher starting day 31: $175.00 per day, every daySubstitute Aide pay is:Paraprofessional (Aide): $75.00 per day, every dayParaprofessional (SpEd Aide): $90.00 per day, every day
Substitute Nurse pay is:
Registered Nurse (Tues, Wed & Thurs): $110.00 per day, every day
Registered Nurse (Mon & Fri): $130.00 per day, every day
Additional Sub Pay/Finders Fee
- An additional $200 is paid after working 45 days, 90 days, and again at 135 days per school year (each half-day worked will count as a .5)
- Substitutes who recruit new subs who work for EMS ISD are paid $50