Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Substitute InformationThank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD.
All substitute applicants follow the hiring process outlined below:
1. Substitute Application - Applications are submitted through the district's online application system. (Click here)
2. Candidate Review - The submitted application and credentials are reviewed to ensure the applicant is a qualified candidate. The Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District requires 60+ credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university as a qualification to work as a substitute teacher. Applicants with less than 60 credit hours on their transcripts, who have a high school diploma or GED, are eligible to substitute as teacher aides.
3. Processing - Candidate is notified via email to print the documents listed in the Substitute Documents link on the left of this page along with college transcripts or high school diploma/GED and submit to the Human Resources office:
- Social Security Card for Payroll purposes
- Current, original identification (for a list of acceptable forms of identification, click here)
- I9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- Substitute Profile Sheet
- Letter of Reasonable Assurance
- Receipt of Acknowledgement/Electronic Handbook
- Deferred Compensation (PST) Form-Social Security Alternative
- Direct Deposit Form
- TRS Retirement Systems Implication Letter
- Affordable Care Act Policy
- First Financial Newsletter
4. Fingerprinting and Background Check - In compliance with Senate Bill 9, substitute candidates are required to submit to background check and fingerprinting. The cost of fingerprinting is $47.50 and is the candidate’s responsibility. This is a one-time fee & processing and is valid for any Texas school district. The Human Resources department will contact you with further instructions regarding your fingerprinting.
5. Assignment - Candidate is notified via email of approval and begins accepting assignments in the Absence Management system.
Substitute pay is:Professional (Teacher)$100.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$120.00 Mon & Fri$125.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherParaprofessional (Aide) $75.00 per day, every dayParaprofessional (Sped Aide III) $90.00 per day, every day