Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Substitute Information
Register for a Substitute Information Session Today!Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD is hiring for substitutes now. Interested in becoming a substitute? Register for an online information session: Information Session Registration Link. Session dates are added frequently. Check here often to see the most current availability.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD.
All substitute applicants follow the hiring process outlined below:
1. Substitute Application - Applications are submitted through the district's online application system. (Click here)
2. Candidate Review - The submitted application and credentials are reviewed to ensure the applicant is a qualified candidate.
3. Fingerprinting and Background Check - In compliance with Senate Bill 9, substitute candidates are required to submit to background check and fingerprinting. The cost of fingerprinting is $48.25 and is the candidate’s responsibility. This is a one-time fee & processing and is valid for any Texas school district. The Human Resources department will contact you with further instructions regarding your fingerprinting.
4. Online Training - Substitute candidates will be sent the compliance bundle via email to complete before hire. This requirement will be waived for any EMS ISD retired teacher, you are already EMS ISD trained!
5. Processing - Candidate is notified via email to complete the documents listed in the Substitute Documents link on the left of this page along with college transcripts or high school diploma/GED and submit electronically via scan or email to the Human Resources office.
*If you have not been notified by the HR department, please do not complete this paperwork. We will contact you via email to notify you to complete this step in the hiring process.
5. Assignment - Candidate is notified via email of approval and begins accepting assignments in the Absence Management system.
6. Substitute Payroll Schedule - Bi-Weekly Payroll Schedule 2021-2022 Substitutes
Substitute pay is:High School Diploma (*Effective February 7, 2022)$90.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$110.00 Mon & Fri$115.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher60 Hours of College Credit$100.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$120.00 Mon & Fri$125.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherDegree and Certification:$110.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$130.00 Mon & Fri$135.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherEMS Retired Teachers (*Effective February 7, 2022)$120/day Tues, Wed, and Thurs$140/day Mon & Fri$145/day 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherSelf-Contained Special Education Teachers:$110.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$130.00 Mon & Fri$135.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherCertified Self-Contained Special Education Teachers:$120.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$140.00 Mon & Fri$145.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherLong-Term Teacher starting day 31: $175.00 per day, every dayParaprofessional (Aide): $75.00 per day, every dayParaprofessional (SpEd Aide): $90.00 per day, every dayRegistered Nurse (Tues, Wed & Thurs): $110.00 per day, every dayRegistered Nurse (Mon & Fri): $130.00 per day, every day
Additional Sub Pay/Finders Fee
- An additional $200 is paid after working 45 days, 90 days, and again at 135 days per school year (each half-day worked will count as a .5)
- Substitutes who recruit new subs who work for EMS ISD are paid $50