Watch D.O.G.S., Dads of Great Students @ Lake Pointe ElementaryJust follow these simple steps to volunteer with Watch D.O.G.S. for specific days at Lake Pointe!
- Make sure you have completed a criminal background check with Lake Pointe Elementary. You must do this before volunteering with the Watch D.O.G.S.
- To complete the background check, please click District Home Page and click on the word PARENTS in the maroon bar near the top of the page, scroll down to VOLUNTEERING, double click and you will see the page that allows you to click on the form.
- Next please go to Sign Up Genius and select a date you would like to volunteer at our school. On the Sign Up Genius site, when you reach the point of entering your name, please include your child's/children's name(s) in parentheses next to your name. Ex. Name: Your Name (Child's Name(s))
- If you have the QR Code Reader app, you may click on the QR Code which will direct you to the Watch D.O.G.S. site and you may then purchase your T-Shirt.
Who are WATCH D.O.G.S.(Dads of Great Students)?They are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer at least one full day during the school yar at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school. These volunteers work alongside educators as they read and work on flashcards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students, but others as well.
There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. PROGRAM:
1) to provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) to provide extra sets of eyes & ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.