College Entrance Exams
ACT and SAT National Exam AdministrationsCollege entrance exams may be taken at various locations on Saturdays. Visit the websites below for more information about each test. Students must register and pay for exams through the testing websites below. Exam fees for national exam administrations are the responsiblity of the student.*Fee waivers are available for eligible students for national exam administrations. Eligibilty is determined by student's participation in the free/reduced lunch program. Please click here to request a waiver for the SAT and/or ACT. Students can receive up to two waivers for each test in high school. The earliest a student can obtain a waiver is their Junior year.
CTHS School Code: 442594To register for SAT: www.collegeboard.orgTo register for ACT: www.act.orgFor assistance with registration, students can visit the College and Career Center at CTHS during their lunch period on Mondays, Wednedays, or Fridays, beginning September 27, 2021.To request accommodations for the ACT or SAT national exam administrations, students must follow the process below for each exam.ACT
- Complete exam registration through the ACT website. When registering, students will select that they are wishing to request accommodations on the ACT exam. *Please note that the accommodations approval process could take up to 8 weeks. Register for an exam in advance of that time period to allow enough time for the accommodations request to be submitted and reviewed prior to your test date.
- Once exam registration is complete, students will receive an email from ACT with instructions concerning the next steps of the accommodations approval process. Students must forward the email and attach the required ACT Accommodations Request Consent Form to Dr. Jennifer Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students will be notified by ACT if they are approved or denied accommodations. Notification will be provided via the email associated with the student ACT account.
- The accommodations approval process must be completed every time a student elects to take an ACT exam.
- Prior to registering for testing, complete the required SAT Accommodations Request Form and email to Dr. Jennifer Sanchez at email@example.com.
- Students will be notified by College Board if they are approved or denied accommodations. Notification will be provided via the email associated with the student SAT account.
- Once students receive notification from College Board that they have been approved or denied for accommodation use, students must complete registration for the official SAT exam through the College Board website and enter the information concerning the approved accommodations when prompted.
- The accommodations approval process must only be completed once in high school and will apply to all future tests, if accommodations are approved.
*Please note that the testing companies approve or deny accommodations requests. If the accommodation request is not approved by the testing company, the student is not eligible to receive an accommodation on the SAT or ACT exam. Requests will not be submitted for students that do not provide the required consent or follow the processes above. The accommodation approval process could take up to 8 weeks, please plan accordingly.Preparing for the ACT and SATFree Study Resources for SAT: https://www.khanacademy.org/satFree Study Resources for ACT: https://academy.act.org/Testing and COVID 19College Entrance Testing (SAT/ACT/TSI) - Many schools are turning to a test optional policy.
- List of Test Optional Colleges – Search this database for schools that have adopted a test optional policy for Fall 2022 admissions.
If the college you applying to is test optional for Fall 2022, should you still take the SAT/ACT?
COVID 19 has provided a barrier to students being able to complete college entrance exams such as the SAT, ACT, and TSI. Colleges recognize the barrier and are implementing policies to provide flexibility for students unable to test. You need to consider the following factors when deciding if you should still take the SAT/ACT.
- Not all schools are test optional at this point. Please check your specific college’s policy to determine if testing is required.
- If you take the SAT or ACT and submit your scores to colleges, those scores could be used as a part of the admissions review process. High scores could help you be more competitive for admissions and scholarship awards. Visit the admissions and scholarship websites of colleges you are interested in to determine how they are utilizing SAT and ACT scores.
ACT and SAT School Day ExamsCTHS is scheduled to administer the ACT and SAT School Day exams on the following dates:SAT School Day (no writing): March 2, 2022ACT School Day (no writing): March 8, 2022School day testing is open to Juniors and Seniors that need an SAT or ACT score for college entrance or scholarship consideration.Registration for Spring 2022 school day exams opens will open in December. For school day registration questions, please contact Melissa Cordova at firstname.lastname@example.org School Day Payment Information - (Subject to change for 2021-2022 school year.)Juniors or Seniors can elect to take one school day exam free of charge. Students wanting to take both exams must pay a $35 fee. Online payment for the test fee can be made from the district Web Store by clicking this link. *Fee waivers are not available for school day exams.2020-2021 School Day Accommodation Request InformationTo request accommodations for the ACT or SAT school day exams, the appropriate consent form must be completed and submitted to CTHS by the deadline. If a student is seeking accommodations on both exams, both consent forms must be submitted. Email completed consent forms to Dr. Jennifer Sanchez at email@example.com.*Please note that the testing companies approve or deny accommodations requests. If the accommodation request is not approved by the testing company, the student is not eligible to receive an accommodation on the SAT or ACT exam. Requests will not be submitted for students that do not provide the required consent form by the deadline.
- Certain scholarships may still require test scores as a part of their award criteria. Do your research when applying for scholarships to make sure you meet all the required criteria.