2021-2022 AP Exam Registration Information
2022 AP Regular Exam Cost: $91 per exam
*Fee reductions are available for qualifying students. (Fee reduced exam cost: $40 per exam)
*For students to qualify for a fee reduction, students must be approved for the free/reduced meal program through the Child Nutrition office. Click this link to be directed to the online free/reduced meal application.2022 AP Capstone Exam Cost: $139 per AP Captone exam
*Fee reductions are available for qualifying students. (Fee reduced exam cost: $65 per AP Capstone exam)Exam Decision and Required Deposit Deadline: $44 per exam by October 22, 2021*College Board cancelation fee policies will be followed. After the order is placed, the required deposit is non-refundable.Final Payment Deadline: February 4, 2022*Students must pay in full for all exams by this deadline. Exams not paid in full will be canceled.Students taking AP Government or AP Economics during 2nd semester have an exam decision and full payment deadline of February 4, 2022 for those exams only.***Payments for exams must be made online or mailed directly to Total Registration. No payments will be accepted at CTHS.***
To register for AP exams at CTHS, follow the steps below.
1. Login to Total Registration. Either create an account, or login to an existing account.
- Chisholm Trail HS: TotalRegistration.net/AP/442594
2. Enter all required information. When selecting exams, please only select AP exams you plan to take for the 2021-2022 school year. We encourage you to take the AP exam for all AP courses you are enrolled.
3. Once you complete the Total Registration questions, the system will prompt you to make your payment. Follow the instructions for making payments to ensure your registration is completed correctly. You can make payments online, or you can mail your payment directly to Total Registration.
- Online payments are the preferred method of payment.
- You can make a full payment for AP exams, or you can make a partial payment/deposit for exams.
- The deadline to make a minimum deposit of $44 per exam is October 22,2021. Exams will not be ordered for students that do not make at least the minimum deposit by this deadline.
- Reduced exam fees must be approved by the campus, payment can be made once the request is approved.
- The final deadline to pay the remaining balance on your account is February 4, 2022. Exams not paid in full by this date will be cancelled.
- A $40 late fee will be charged for any exam registrations added between October 22 and February 4.
4. If students need to return to Total Registration to pay at a later time (before the deadline), they may login with the email and password they used when creating their Total Registration account. Once the home page displays, students will click the “Make a Payment” link. Once the link is clicked, follow the prompts to post your payment. Contact your campus CCRS if unable to login to an existing account.
5. Once you submit your information, you will receive a confirmation page listing next steps for completing registration, which includes logging into College Board’s My AP portal and “joining” the appropriate course sections for each of your AP classes.
- For exams to be ordered, students must complete registration and payment through Total Registration, AND, join the appropriate course in the College Board My AP Portal.
- Instructions for joining the AP Classroom have been provided by your AP teacher.
- To ensure you are enrolled in the correct courses in My AP, log in using your College Board username and password. If you have previously created a College Board account and cannot login to My AP, please use the forgot username/password links to reset your account. If you have never logged into College Board, you need to create an account. If you have trouble logging in to My AP, please call College Board at 1-888-225-5427.
- Please click this link to download the EMS ISD Total Registration User Guide for a step-by-step guide, with visuals, to assist you with the registration and payment process.
- Click this link to download registration and payment instructions and FAQs.
- Joining MyAP and Registering for Exams Video Instructions
We understand that on rare occasions students must cancel an exam.
AP Exam Registration for Homeschool StudentsHomeschool students may register and pay for any AP exams offered by CTHS. Click this link to access exam offerings for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Students who cancel an exam by Mon - May 23, 2022 are entitled to a refund of the exam fee minus a cancellation fee of $44.00 (per exam cancelled). College Board’s cancellation fee policies will be followed. The AP exam cost includes a $4.00 non-refundable registration fee (per cancelled exam).
- After Mon - May 23, 2022 there are no refunds.
- Late fees are nonrefundable.
- Any refund will be issued to families directly from Total Registration. Refunds for cancelled exams will occur once testing concludes in May 2022.
- The registration and payment deadlines and procedures listed above must be followed.
- In Total Registration, indicate "does not attend CTHS" when prompted and place "homeschool" in the field requesting student ID number information.