ArrivalThe school doors open at 7:10 each day and students are to be in their classroom at 7:25. Students are counted tardy at 7:30.Students will report either to the cafeteria, front hallway, or grade-level hallway (as assigned) where they will wait for their teachers to come pick them up. If your child is eating breakfast, they will report to the Cafeteria first. After breakfast, or if your child will not be eating breakfast, Kindergarten through Fifth Grade students will be reporting to their grade-level hallways outside their teachers' rooms.
School is dismissed by 2:40 p.m. each day. Further information about dismissal can be found by clicking here.Tardy/Absence PolicyStudents are counted tardy at 7:30 a.m., this is the official beginning of the school day and must get a tardy pass from the office before going to class.A student absent from school shall provide a written parent note or a doctor’ s note that describes the reason for absence. The note shall be signed by the student's parent or guardian. This notification should be provided within 24 hours of a students arrival back to campus.Parents are permitted to provide written documentation to the school to excuse a student’s absence. Excessive parent notes for student illness may result in required physician notes in order to excuse future absences. This will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Visiting your child's school sends a strong message that you value his/her education. Whether visiting at lunch or visiting the classroom, these moments become an important memory for your child. If you wish to observe in your child's classroom, please arrange a date and time with your child's teacher. Although we enjoy having visitors to our classrooms, we do our best to maintain a focused learning environment. All visitors must sign in at the front office before being allowed to visit their child's classroom.Also, please consider volunteering this school year. If you would like to volunteer, you will need to complete a Volunteer Application. Click here to access a Volunteer Application on the district website.If you have any questions, please feel free to call or email Dr. Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-232-1342.
- Pick up for all K-3 car riders and siblings will be in the front of the school.
- 4th and 5th grade students who are car riders and DO NOT have siblings or carpool with others will be on the south side of the building.
- Students who walk/ride their bicycles home or are picked up by a daycare van will exit at the back of the building.
If your student’s afternoon dismissal method changes, please provide written documentation to your child’s teacher. We will not be able to accommodate your student’s verbal transportation change without a written note or parent phone call to the office. If last minute changes need to be made, please call the front office no later than 2:30 so that we can ensure that a message can be delivered in a timely manner. We understand that emergencies are inevitable and we are happy to accommodate you, but please limit last minute transportation changes as much as possible. Please note that if the campus secretary does not receive a phone call from a parent or legal guardian or a written note is not provided, your student will be sent home via their normal route.
We appreciate your support as we work together to ensure your student’s safe arrival home from school each and every day.
Field Trip Policy
- Field Trips are a part of the instructional program and offer students unique, hands-on learning opportunities. Each student must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian to be able to attend the field trip. Students who do not attend a field trip will be provided alternate educational opportunities on campus without penalty. Anyone volunteering to chaperone a group of children on a field trip (which includes other children besides their own) must complete and pass a background/volunteer check for the safety of all children. These background/volunteer checks must be completed well in advance of the field trip in order to allow time for processing. The background/volunteer form is only on-line.
- Parents who do not complete a background/volunteer check will only be allowed to accompany their own child on the field trip.
Student Birthday Acknowledgment
- For Kindergarten through Fifth grade, birthday food (i.e. cupcakes, cookies, and candy) are not permitted. Any flowers, balloons, and other special deliveries will be given to the child at the end of the school day.
- In cooperation with the PTA, the elementary schools sponsor three room parties each year. The three designated party dates are: (Party dates- cupcakes, cookies, and candy are allowed)
- December - Holiday Party
- February - Valentines Party
- May - End of Year Party
- No other room parties shall be held during school hours. No off-campus party shall be sponsored by the school for any grade in the elementary school. Also, cupcakes, cookies, and candy are NOT allowed.