What is the parent resource room?
- A safe and respectful place available to parents of Hafley Development Center where families can learn from each other as individuals and in groups, collaborate to develop strategies and serve as problem solvers, provide families with information and/or training on creating a home learning environment connected to formal learning opportunities, equip families with tools to enhance and extend learning.
What can I expect to find in a parent resource room?
- A variety of books that can be borrowed for both parents and children dealing with family issues, homework tips, and study guides.
- Free brochures and pamphlets that address a wide range of family and educational topics.
- A computer with internet access.
- A word processor and printer available for writing letters, resumes, etc.
- A friendly staff member to assist with questions.
Who can help me in the parent resource room if I have a question and the room isn’t staffed?
- Please see Stacey De Hoyos or the front office to locate someone to assist you.
When may I use the parent resource room?
- The Parent Resource Room is available most Mondays during school hours.
- Contact Stacey De Hoyos at 817-232-2071 ext. 6339 or email@example.com
Where is the Parent Resource Room located?
- The Parent Resource Room is located inside the cafeteria. After entering the cafeteria door, the Parent Resource Room can be found to the back on the right.
What do I need to do to use the Parent Resource Room?
- You should report to the main office to obtain a visitor’s pass and then let school staff know that you would like to use the parent resource room.