Welcome to the Lake Country Elementary Clinic
What can you expect from your school nurse?
Mission Statement for EMS ISD Health Services:To promote quality health services to each student by promoting safety, well-being, and health education
- Administer medications to students either on a daily or as needed basis
- Manage the care of diabetics, asthmatics and many other students with various health conditions
- Provide first aid care to students and staff
- Provide teachers and staff basic medical and safety training
- Assist with emergency and safety protocol in the school
- Complete state-required screenings, such as vision and hearing
- Attend medical 504 meetings with parents and staff to assist with finding accommodations for students with health issues
- Work with families to develop an individual health care plans for students with special health needs
- Provide health education to students and families
- Monitor students for current immunizations
- Keep up-to-date by attending continuing education courses for school nurses
- Provide a safe place for students to go who need care for illness or other health needs
- If your student will need to receive medication at school or has any specific health care needs, please look over my parent forms page and print out the appropriate paperwork. Return completed paperwork along with any medication or medical supplies your child will need to the clinic. You may also visit the district website and look under the Health Service Department for additional information.