Advanced Placement Testing
Courses offered through the College Board's Advanced Placement program enable students to pursue college-level coursework while still in high school. Based on participation in courses and AP Exam performance, students can gain college admission, earn scholarship awards, earn credit toward a college degree, skip introductory college classes, enter higher-level classes, and/or fulfill general college educational requirements, depending on the college or university.
***Payments for exams must be made online or mailed directly to Total Registration. No payments will be accepted at Boswell.***
To register for AP exams at Boswell, follow the steps below.
- Login to Total Registration. Either create an account or log in to an existing account.
Boswell HS: https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/446084
- Enter all required information. When selecting exams, please only select AP exams you plan to take for the 2022-2023 school year. We encourage you to take the AP exam for all AP courses you are enrolled.
- Once you complete the Total Registration questions, the system will prompt you to make your payment. Follow the instructions for making payments to ensure your registration is completed correctly. You can make payments online, or you can mail your payment directly to Total Registration.
- If students need to return to Total Registration to pay at a later time (before the deadline), they may login with the email and password they used when creating their Total Registration account. Once the home page displays, students will click the “Make a Payment” link. Once the link is clicked, follow the prompts to post your payment. Contact your campus CCRS if unable to log in to an existing account.
- Once you submit your information, you will receive a confirmation page listing the next steps for completing registration, which includes logging into College Board’s My AP portal and “joining” the appropriate course sections for each of your AP classes.
Payment Time Table
- $44 deposit per test is due by 10/21/22. Exams will not be ordered without a deposit.
- Final Payment - 2/17/23. Exams not paid in full by the deadline will be canceled.
We understand that on rare occasions students must cancel an exam.
- College Board’s cancellation fee policies will be followed. The AP exam cost includes a $4.00 non-refundable registration fee (per canceled exam).
- Late fees are nonrefundable.
- Any refund will be issued to families directly from Total Registration. Refunds for canceled exams will occur once testing concludes in May 2023.
AP Exam Registration for Homeschool Students
Homeschool students may register and pay for any AP exams offered by Boswell. Click this link to access exam offerings for the 2022-2023 School Year.
- The registration and payment deadlines and procedures listed above must be followed.
- In Total Registration, indicate "does not attend" Boswell when prompted and place "homeschool" in the field requesting student ID number information.