We are extremely excited about the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. We are thankful to grow and continue to “build the foundation” for the Chisholm Trail High School Dance Department. We understand that many of you have questions regarding our program, most of which we hope will be answered within this letter.
- Practice will begin each day at 7:45 a.m. at CTHS in the cheer gym.
- Charmer practice begins each day at 7:00 a.m. if your child needs to be dropped off earlier in the morning. (Please enter through door 11 where the gymnasiums are located on campus.)
- We ask that if your child arrives more than 10 minutes earlier to campus for class, to please be respectful and wait outside of the cheer gym so we do not disrupt the CTHS Charmers during their practice time.
- Transportation to morning practice is up to each individual participant.
- Students should come to CTHS already dressed out, ready to dance.
- Please refer to syllabus for proper dance attire and footwear.
- Students will have a designated place to change after class.
- Students will return to their middle school campus via district bus transportation.
- Buses will depart CTHS at approximately 8:50 a.m. Please understand that this is a competitive program with high expectations. Our hope is that these dancers will become future Charmers at CTHS or continue in our Dance Department. Have an amazing first day of school and I look forward to meeting my 8th grade dancers bright and early Tuesday morning August 16th at 7:45 am!
The 8th grade dance program at CTHS completed their very first year as a competitive middle school team during the 2019-2020 school year. Unfortunately, COVID hindered that opportunity for the 2020-2021 school year. We would love to continue with competition in many years to come! More information will be provided to your student when the 2021-2022 school year begins!