The EMS ISD Athletics and Fine Arts program will be studying the latest Tarrant County Health Order. At this time we will are placing a hold on all extracurricular activities, such as strength and conditioning, sport-specific skills training, cheerleading camps/clinics, and all Fine Arts in-person activities. The district will be evaluating best practices and how to comply with the county order. More information will be forthcoming. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Updated July 16, 2020
The Summer Strength and Conditioning and Skills Training Program for incoming 7th and 8th grade athletes on our campus will start July 27, 2020 and will end August 6, 2020.
The plan is the following:
- The Sessions will be from 8am -10am and will consist of 1 hour of Strength and Conditioning and 1 hour of Skill Work.
- Check in time will be from 7:30-7:50. Any athlete arriving after 7:50 will not be allowed to participate.
- Week 1-Attendance 40 7th Boys and 40 7th Girls (Totaling 80) to participate Mondays and Tuesdays
- Week 1-Attendance 40 8th Boys and 40 8th Girls (Totaling 80) to participate Wednesdays and Thursdays
- For Week 2- Attendance #’s (40) will be the same as Week 1, but if any grade level does not fill all the available slots in Week 2, then the other grade level will be allowed to sign up for those open spots.
- All athletes, EXCEPT FOR TENNIS will sign-up on “Sign Up Genius”, so that we can determine the total number of athletes attending and the number of coaches.
- TENNIS ATHLETES ONLY-Maximum Attendance for Tennis will be 15 athletes, and please contact Coach Melendez at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Adjustments to schedules may happen at any time to comply with UIL and State of Texas orders. Specific information regarding the details of the program will be made available at a later date.
Requirements to Attend:
- Bring your own water bottle/container. NO WATER BOTTLE/CONTAINER. NO PARTICIPATION.
- Face Coverings. NO FACE COVERING. NO PARTICIPATION.
- Must sign up. LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE! All athletes will sign-up on “Sign Up Genius”, so that we can determine the total number of athletes attending and the number of coaches.
- 7th Boys’ Strength and Conditioning Sign Up
- 8th Boys’ Strength and Conditioning Sign Up
- 7th Girls’ Strength and Conditioning Sign Up
- 8th Girls’ Strength and Conditioning Sign Up
- All students must be registered at Ed Willkie Middle School and must have a school ID number.
- All 7th graders MUST HAVE A PHYSCIAL and Rank One Online Paperwork completed. Possible sport physical locations available below. PLEASE BRING PHYSICAL.
- Any 8th grade student who DID NOT participate in athletics for the 2019-20 school year MUST HAVE A PHYSCIAL (PLEASE BRING PHYSICAL) and Rank One Online Paperwork completed. To complete the online paperwork, please go to the RankOne Sports website.
- All 8th graders who DID participate in Athletics last year MUST have 2020-2021 Rank One Online Paperwork completed. To complete the online paperwork, please go to the RankOne Sports website.
- For “How To Complete Rank One Online Instructions”, please go to the EMS ISD Athletic Online Registration Instructions website.
The health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches and staff is our #1 priority. Specific Guidelines regarding the possible implementation of this program will be developed with all current and updated information from our EMS- ISD Central and Athletic administration, our Licensed Athletic Trainers, Licensed School Nurse experts, High School Campus Coordinators, UIL, TEA and the CDC.
Possible Sport Physical Locations
Once you have the physical form completed by a doctor, it MUST be turned into your Middle School Coordinator. DO NOT turn this form into the school front office or another coach.
Baylor Scott & White Family Medicine – North Fort Worth
7260 Blue Mound Rd., Suite 144
Fort Worth, TX 76131 (817) 912-9100
Care Now $20
7232 North Freeway (Home Depot Parking Lot)
Fort Worth, TX 76137 (817) 232-2100
Expedian Urgent Care $25
7367 N. Beach Street (Corner of Beach and Basswood)
Fort Worth, TX 76137 (682) 204-0042
Hope Family Healthcare $10
4160 Heritage Trace Parkway, Suite 400
Keller, TX 76244 (817) 431-6160
Texas Health Family Care $35
4504 Boat Club Rd # 800, Fort Worth, TX 76135
Fill out the online forms on the RankOne Sports website, including the NEW digital medical history form, which can be printed and taken with you to your physical if required.
Everybody must have all of their required paperwork on file in order to participate.