EMS ISD COVID-19 Dashboard
In the spirit of community awareness and transparency, EMS ISD has dedicated this page to reporting the number of current and recovered lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases within the district. The page provides a site-by-site COVID tracking tool for each campus/facility and is designed to provide our community with an overview of the COVID impact in our district.
A few important notes about the charts listed below:
- The counts represent only lab-confirmed positive cases of a student or staff member reported to the district.
- Individuals sent home as close contacts are not reflected in the charts as they are sent home as a required precaution but are not lab-confirmed positive cases.
- The counts represent both in-person and remote learners, as well as staff members. Remote learners are noted with an asterisk (*).
- The dashboard will be updated on school days by 5 pm to reflect current statistics. Cases reported during non-school hours and over the weekends will be reported on the next day classes are in session.
- Because the dashboard is updated daily on school days, the active case counts reported below represent the most accurate tracking of the COVID impact in EMS ISD. Dashboards provided by county and state organizations are updated weekly and do not provide real-time daily counts.
- If you have concerns about the content or accuracy of this dashboard, please share your feedback with us via Let’s Talk so we can follow up.
This dashboard provides the following detail in separate charts (please scroll to see all charts):
- Daily report of case numbers for lab-confirmed positive reports for the current week. This is to provide a day-by-day tally of the immediate COVID impact in our schools, and will rotate with each new week.
- Weekly report of case numbers for lab-confirmed positive reports. This is to provide a summary of case counts for the current week and previous four weeks.
- Cumulative number of individuals who have recovered from a lab-confirmed positive result. This represents the total number of individuals who have met the requirements to return to campus.
- Monthly report of case numbers for lab-confirmed positive reports. This is to provide a long-term view of the lab-confirmed COVID impact in our schools.
Information about the identification process and required actions of the school/district if a person who has been lab-confirmed with COVID-19 has interacted on a campus is available on the district’s Reconnect 2020 website under Coronavirus Response.
When lab-confirmed cases are reported to the district, all staff and parents at the affected school will receive an emailed notification once contact tracing is complete. Due to state and federal privacy requirements, the name or details that may identify the individual cannot be released.
- Close Contacts: Anyone determined to be a close contact will receive a personal phone call and separate email notification with further instructions. If you are not directly contacted about you/your child being a close contact, then you/your child have not been identified as possibly exposed to a lab-confirmed positive individual and will not need to isolate or quarantine.
- Contact of a Contact: Anyone who has been near someone who is identified as a close contact is considered a Contact of a Contact. This person has not been exposed and may continue activities as normal. If the close contact individual begins experiencing symptoms or becomes lab-confirmed, the Contact of a Contact should begin quarantine.
Lab-Confirmed CasesThis table represents the number of lab-confirmed cases reported to EMS ISD for the current week. Both in-person and choice remote learners, as well as staff members, are included in the reported counts.**Asterisk indicates Remote Learner
Reported Cases by WeekThis table summarizes the number of lab-confirmed cases reported to EMS ISD for current and previous weeks. Both in-person and choice remote learners, as well as staff members, are included in the reported counts.*Asterisk indicates Remote Learner
(tracking began August 17, 2020)This table represents the number of individuals who were previously lab-confirmed and have since met the criteria to return to campus. Both in-person and choice remote learners, as well as staff members, are included in the reported counts.*Asterisk indicates Remote Learner
Cases by Month
This table provides a monthly report of case numbers for lab-confirmed positive reports. This is to provide a long-term view of the lab-confirmed COVID impact in our schools.*Asterisk indicates Remote Learner