Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Substitute Information
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD.
All substitute applicants follow the hiring process outlined below:
1. Substitute Application - Applications are submitted through the district's online application system. (Click here)
2. Candidate Review - The submitted application and credentials are reviewed to ensure the applicant is a qualified candidate.
3. Fingerprinting and Background Check - In compliance with Senate Bill 9, substitute candidates are required to submit to background check and fingerprinting. The cost of fingerprinting is $48.25 and is the candidate’s responsibility. This is a one-time fee and processing that is valid for any Texas school district. The Human Resources department will contact you with further instructions regarding your fingerprinting.
4. In-Person Substitute Training - All new substitutes to the district must attend one training session. Please click on this link to sign up for a training day and time. EMS ISD Retired Teachers are exempt.
5. Substitute Compliance Bundle - Substitute candidates will be emailed the Compliance Bundle to complete before being officially hired. EMS ISD Retired Teachers are exempt.
6. Processing - Once in-person training and compliance bundle is complete, candidate is notified by email to complete employment documents via our secure online portal, Laserfiche. College transcripts will be required to submit for the “60 Hours of College Credit” pay tier. High school diploma/GED will also be required to submit for the “High School Diploma” pay tier.
7. Assignment - Candidate is notified via email of approval and begins accepting assignments in the Absence Management system.
8. Substitute Payroll Schedule - Bi-Weekly Payroll Schedule 2022-2023 Substitutes
Substitute pay is:High School Diploma (*Effective February 7, 2022)$90.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$110.00 Mon & Fri$115.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacher60 Hours of College Credit$100.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$120.00 Mon & Fri$125.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherDegree and Texas Teacher Certification:$110.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$130.00 Mon & Fri$135.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherEMS Retired Teachers (*Effective February 7, 2022)$120/day Tues, Wed, and Thurs$140/day Mon & Fri$145/day 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherSelf-Contained Special Education Teachers:$110.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$130.00 Mon & Fri$135.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherCertified Self-Contained Special Education Teachers:$120.00 Tues, Wed, & Thurs 1-10 days$140.00 Mon & Fri$145.00 11+ days Long-term assignments in the same position for the same teacherLong-Term Teacher starting day 31: $175.00 per day, every dayParaprofessional (Aide): $75.00 per day, every dayParaprofessional (SpEd Aide): $90.00 per day, every dayRegistered Nurse (Tues, Wed & Thurs): $110.00 per day, every dayRegistered Nurse (Mon & Fri): $130.00 per day, every day
Additional Sub Pay/Finders Fee
- An additional $200 is paid after working 45 days, 90 days, and again at 135 days per school year (each half-day worked will count as a .5)
- Substitutes who recruit new subs who work for EMS ISD are paid $50