2020-2021 EMS ISD Student Transfer Guidelines
Open Campus List (Fall 2020)
Bryson Elementary School • Dozier Elementary School • Elkins Elementary School • High Country Elementary School • Parkview Elementary School • Saginaw Elementary School • Creekview Middle School • Ed Willkie Middle School • Saginaw High School
Transfer Application Timelines:
Fall Semester 2020: Transfer request applications for the Fall semester will be accepted beginning January 13 through February 28, 2020 through Family Access and will be reviewed by the third week in March. Transfer request applications received outside of the above timeline may not be reviewed until all on-time requests have been considered.
• For students residing within the EMS ISD school district and in accordance with FDA and FDB (LEGAL and LOCAL), participation in UIL activities shall be in accordance with all applicable UIL regulations and other applicable District polices and administrative procedures. Resident students shall only participate in a high school athletic program at his or her zoned campus.
• In accordance with FDA and FDB (LEGAL and LOCAL), District and GoldStar Transit employees with children in the 7th grade must declare their child or children’s desired high school during the Employee Declaration Window or within two weeks of employment. District and GoldStar Transit employees’ children under certain conditions shall only be allowed to participate in a high school athletic program at his or her declared high school campus.
Transfer Eligibility Criteria: In reviewing each transfer request application, the following transfer eligibility criteria will be considered:
a. The student’s disciplinary and attendance history including DAEP/ADC Placements;
b. The individual needs of the student and the reason for the transfer request;
c. Current campus enrollment, growth projections, and attendance zone modifications; and
d. Current staff allocations, grade level and/or class size.
• Approved transfer request applications of resident students on a previously approved transfer who desire to remain at the same campus may continue to attend the same school, as long as the student meets all transfer eligibility criteria. The originally approved transfer request will serve as the official transfer document and no additional transfer request will be required unless a modification in the attendance zone occurs.
• Approved transfer request applications for students of non- resident District and GoldStar Transit employees are granted for only one school year. A new transfer request application must be completed and submitted each year through Family Access.
• Dual Residence or Power of Attorney: Students who have an established primary residence in the district and establish a second residence through a Power of Attorney, guardian change, Affidavit of Legal Residency, rental/purchase agreement or through any other means of establishing a second residence, will be expected to attend the campus in the attendance zone in which their primary residence is located.
• Transfer request approvals are only valid for that specific campus and does not include a continued progression to feeder pattern campuses.
• Kindergarten students must register and attend Kindergarten Round-Up at the campus in which they are zoned to attend. Transfer request applications for Kindergarten students will be accepted during the 2020-2021 Spring Semester Transfer Application window. The dates for the 2020-2021 Spring Semester transfer window will be forthcoming.