2019-2020 EMS ISD Student Transfer Information
Please review all information prior to completing an online student transfer application. (Online application will be available in Family Access once the window opens.)
Transfer requests are accepted twice a year (once per semester). The first transfer request window occurs during the spring of 2019 for the fall semester of the 2019-2020 school year. The second transfer request window occurs during the fall of 2019 which will allow students to apply for a transfer for the spring semester of the 2019-2020 school year.
- First Semester Deadline – Transfer requests for the first semester of the 2019-2020 school year will be accepted from March 1, 2019 through May 10, 2019. Consideration for these requests will not occur until after July 19, 2019. Transfer requests will not be accepted after May 10, 2019, for the first semester.
- Second Semester Deadline – Transfer requests for the second semester for the spring of 2020 will be accepted from November 1, 2019 through December 13, 2019. Consideration for second semester transfer requests will not occur until after January 6, 2020. Transfer requests will not be accepted after December 13, 2019, for the second semester.
- Transfer requests will be considered based on the order in which they are received, student teacher ratio, facility availability, and enrollment.
- Campuses Closed for Transfers for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows: Comanche Springs Elementary, Greenfield Elementary, and Lake Pointe Elementary.
- Students who attended and completed the 2018-2019 school year on a previously approved transfer and desire to remain at the same campus may continue to attend the same school, as long as the parent and the student reside in the district and meet all transfer eligibility requirements. The originally approved transfer request will serve as the official transfer document and no additional transfer request will be required unless a change in attendance zone occurs.
- Students entering transitional grade levels who will attend a new campus, such as grades 6 and 9, must apply for a transfer, if they wish to attend a campus other than the campus they are zoned to attend. Prior transfer approvals are only valid for that specific campus and not for all campuses in the feeder pattern.
- Kindergarten students must register at the campus in which they are zoned to attend. They must attend Kindergarten Round-Up at their home campus for which they are zoned, not the campus in which they wish to request a transfer to attend.
- Dual Residence or Power of Attorney: Students who have an established primary residence in the district and establish a second residence through a Power of Attorney, guardian change, cohabitation, rental/purchase agreement or through any other means of establishing a second residence, will be expected to attend the campus in the attendance zone in which their primary residence is located.
- Participation in UIL activities shall be in accordance with all applicable UIL Regulations.
- Transportation for students on an approved transfer will not be provided; except as required by federal law.