2022-2023 EMS ISD Student Transfer Guidelines
Campus Listings for the 2022-2023 Spring Semester
- Bryson Elementary School
- L.A. Gililland Elementary School
- High Country Elementary School
- Northbrook Elementary School
- Parkview Elementary School
- Remington Point Elementary School
- Saginaw Elementary School
- Highland Middle School
- Ed Willkie Middle School
- Saginaw High School
Transfer Application Timelines
Transfer request applications for the Spring Semester of the 2022-2023 school year will be accepted beginning October 17, 2022, through November 11, 2022, through the Family Access portal and will be reviewed by the third week in November. Transfer request applications received outside of the above timeline may not be reviewed until all on-time transfer submissions have been considered.
- For students residing within the EMS ISD school district and in accordance with FDA and FDB (LEGAL and LOCAL), any participation in UIL activities shall be in accordance with all applicable UIL regulations and other applicable District polices and administrative procedures.
- In accordance with FDA and FDB (LEGAL and LOCAL), District and GoldStar Transit employees with children in the 7th grade must declare their child(ren)’s desired high school. District and GoldStar Transit employees’ children under certain conditions shall only be allowed to participate in a high school athletic program at his or her declared high school campus.
- Transfer Eligibility Criteria: o In reviewing each submitted transfer request application, the following transfer eligibility criteria will be considered: ▪ Student’s discipline and attendance history including DAEP/JJAEP Placements; and any lapse in enrollment;
- Current and projected campus enrollment;
- Facility/building capacity;
- Mandatory class-size ratios;
- Current class sizes;
- Current staffing allocations,
- Prior transfer approval revocations or rescissions, and
- Any attendance zone modifications/adjustments or changes.
- EMS ISD does not provide transportation for students on an approved transfer request, except as required by federal law.
- Students on a previously approved transfer who desire to remain at the same campus, may continue to attend the same school, if the student meets all transfer eligibility criteria, and their attendance zone has not been modified/adjusted or changed. If the student meets all transfer eligibility criteria, and the student’s attendance zone has not been modified/adjusted or changed; the approved transfer request application will serve as the official transfer document, an additional transfer request is not required.
- Approved transfer request applications for students of non-resident District and GoldStar Transit employees are granted for one school year only. A new transfer request application and transfer agreement must be completed, submitted, and approved each school year.
- Dual Residence: Students who have an established primary residence in the District and establish a second residence through a Power of Attorney, Guardian Change, Affidavit of Legal Residency, Rental/Purchase agreement or through any other means of establishing a second residence, will be expected to attend the campus in the attendance zone in which their primary residence is located.
- Transfer request approvals are only valid for that specific campus and does not include a continued progression to any feeder pattern campuses
Click the button below to log in to Family Access. Choose Online Forms to access the Fill Out Form link for Transfer requests.