EMS ISD 2024-2025 Early Fall Semester Transfer Guidelines
Campus Listings for the 2024 Fall Semester
- Elkins Elementary School
- Elizabeth Lopez-Hatley Elementary School
- Greenfield Elementary School
- Remington Point Elementary School
- High Country Elementary School
- Gililland Elementary School
- Northbrook Elementary School
- Ed Willkie Middle School
- Highland Middle School
- Eagle Mountain High School
General Transfer Application Timelines and NEW Transfer Criteria for 2024-2025 Seniors and Siblings of Senior Students.
Early transfer request applications for the Fall Semester of the 2024-2025 school year will be accepted early beginning on December 1, 2023, through February 16, 2024. To be considered, employees and parents must submit student transfer request applications through the Family Access portal. The review process will be completed by the fourth week of February.
Please note that transfer request applications received outside of the above stated timeline will be considered as a late submission and will not be considered or reviewed.
In reviewing each submitted transfer request application, the following criteria shall be considered:
- Current and projected campus enrollment counts;
- The student’s disciplinary history, including DAEP/JJAEP Placements;
- The student’s attendance record including tardiness, and any lapse in student enrollment;
- Facility/building capacity;
- Timely transfer request application submission;
- Mandatory class-size ratios and current class sizes;
- Current and projected staffing allocations;
- Violations of the transfer agreement, if applicable;
- Prior student transfer application revocations or parent rescinded transfer application approvals, and
- Any approved attendance zone adjustments.
For all other students on an approved transfer request; district transportation will not be provided, except as required by federal law.
- Please note approved transfer request applications for students of nonresident EMS ISD and Goldstar Transit employees are valid for only one school year. A new transfer request application and transfer agreement must be completed, submitted on time, and receive annual approval.
- Dual Residence: Students who have an established primary residence in the District and establish a second residence through a Power of Attorney, Affidavit of Legal Residency, Rental/Purchase agreement or through any other means of establishing a second residence, will be expected to attend the campus in the attendance zone in which the primary residence is located.
- Please note that the approval of a transfer request application by the district is applicable only to a specific campus and does not guarantee admission to any feeder pattern campuses or establish a right or expectation for future transfer requests in subsequent school years.
New Requirement for Senior Students in 2024-2025
Eagle Mountain High School, the district’s fourth comprehensive high school will open in August 2024. The high school attendance zone adjustments were approved in September 2022 and will go into effect for the 2024-2025 school year.
Due to the approved zone adjustments, high school seniors affected by zone adjustments at Boswell, Chisholm Trail, and Saginaw high schools will have the opportunity to remain at the school they attended in the 2023-2024 school year. However, for the senior student to remain at the campus they attended during the 2023-2024 school year; each parent/guardian will be required to complete a Senior Student and Siblings of Senior High School Designation Form via Family Access beginning on December 1, 2023 and ending on February 16, 2024. These students DO NOT have to complete a transfer request application.
New Requirement for Siblings of Senior Students in 2024-2025
Siblings of senior students in 2024-2025 who are entering the 9th, 10th, or 11th grades in the fall of 2024, may continue to attend the same high school they attended in 2023-2024 until their graduation. The parent/guardian will be required to complete a Senior Student and Siblings of Senior High School Designation Form via Family Access beginning on December 1, 2023 and ending on February 16, 2024. These students DO NOT have to complete a transfer request application.
By completing a High School Designation Form the parent/guardian will be able to designate if their senior student and their incoming 9th, or 10th, or 11th grade siblings will remain at the campus they attended in 2023-2024. Please monitor your email for additional information.
Upon the submission of the High School Designation Form, the senior student and their incoming 9th, 10th, or 11th grade siblings will be provided transportation for the 2024-2025 school year only for students impacted by the zone adjustments. However, it will be the parent’s responsibility to contact Goldstar Transit regarding transportation services.
Click the button below to log in to Family Access. Choose Online Forms to access the Fill Out Form link for transfer requests.