Math Acceleration Opportunity Elementary Grades 3-5
Students entering grades 3-5 have the opportunity to take accelerated math courses. The Math Acceleration 3-5 Information provides more information about the program, or continue reading to learn more. Course acceleration for math means that a student who meets identified criteria can attend the next grade level of math instruction. The performance standard to be eligible for math acceleration without prior instruction in that grade level is as follows:
- Earned Masters Level on a Comprehensive Grade Level Test
- Earned at least a 90% on a Texas Tech or University of Texas Credit by Exam (CBE)
*The tests are to be administered on separate dates
If the student meets the above requirements, the child will then participate in the next grade level of math instruction. For example,
- A 3rd grader who tests out of the 3rd grade CBE for math at 90% or higher and also scores a Masters Level for the 3rd Grade Comprehensive Grade Level Test would be placed in 4th grade math.
- A 4th grader who meets the above requirements would take 5th grade math.
- A 5th grader who meets the above requirements would take Advanced Math 6 math with the 5th grade elementary teacher serving as the teacher of record. The method of instruction for the course will take the form of an online module course created by the district based upon the Advanced Math 6 class.
If you have specific questions in regards to your child’s performance in math, your child’s math teacher is a great source for information. Parents interested in the elementary math acceleration process and opportunity should contact the elementary campus counselor for testing information.Applications for testing may be returned to the campus counselor orDr. Mary Jones1600 Mustang Rock RoadFort Worth, Texas 76179Summer 2023 Testing Math Acceleration Grades 3-5
Testing Dates: June 6 & 7, 2023
Deadline for registration: April 21, 2023
No late applications will be accepted after the deadline.To take the Summer 2023 Credit-by-Exam test(s), you must complete an application. A $25.00 deposit for each test is required to process your application. The deposit will be returned to those students taking the test when the results are mailed home. Click on the links below to download the appropriate application.