Math Acceleration Opportunity Elementary Grades 3-5
Students entering grades 3-5 have the opportunity to take accelerated math courses. This Math Acceleration Grades 3-5 document provides more information about the program, or continue reading to learn more. Course acceleration for math means that a student who meets identified criteria can attend the next grade level of math instruction. The performance standard to be eligible for math acceleration without prior instruction in that grade level is as follows:
- Earned Masters Level on a STAAR Released test at grade level
- Earned at least a 90% on a Texas Tech or University of Texas Credit by Exam (CBE)
*The tests are to be administered on separate dates
If the student meets the above requirements, the child will then participate in the next grade level of math instruction. For example,
- A 3rd grader who tests out of the 3rd grade CBE for math at 90% or higher and also scores a Masters Level for the 3rd Grade Released STAAR test would be placed in 4th grade math.
- A 4th grader who meets the above requirements would take 5th grade math.
- A 5th grader who meets the above requirements would take 6th Grade Pre-AP Accelerated math with the 5th grade elementary teacher serving as the teacher of record. The method of instruction for the course could take the form of a SKYPE class with a middle school class and/or an online module course created by the district based upon the 6th grade Pre-AP math class.
If you have specific questions in regards to your child’s performance in math, your child’s math teacher is a great source for information. Parents interested in the elementary math acceleration process and opportunity should contact the elementary campus counselor for testing information.Applications for testing may be returned to the campus counselor orDr. Mary JonesDistrict Testing Coordinator1200 Old Decatur RoadBuilding 4Fort Worth, Texas 76179Summer 2021 Testing Math Acceleration Grades 3-5
Testing Dates: June 15 & 16, 2021
Deadline for registration: April 30, 2021No late applications will be accepted after the deadline.
To take the Summer 2021 Credit-by-Exam test(s), you must complete an application. A $25.00 deposit for each test is required to process your application. The deposit will be returned to those students taking the test when the results are mailed home. Click on the links below to download the appropriate application.Math Acceleration Grades 3-5 Summer 2021(updated 3/29/2021)