EMS ISD Offering Free Online Tutoring Service — New Hours beginning April 1
Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD has partnered with Tutor.com in an effort to provide more support to students and families. This service is meant to provide after-hours, supplemental support for students and should not replace teacher instruction. Students needing academic support should always reach out to their teachers first, then are encouraged to use Tutor.com services as additional assistance when needed. Tutor.com is available to all grade levels, subject areas, and academic levels, and tutors are available for English and Spanish instruction. Beginning Thursday, April 1, the service will be available seven days a week from the hours of 2 pm to 11 pm. Tutoring hours will be capped at 90 minutes per student per week, with hours resetting every Friday. If a student needs more support, he/she should contact their teacher and discuss additional options.
When you connect to Tutor.com, you'll be able to:
- Connect with a friendly, highly qualified expert tutor in an online classroom
- Drop off an essay for review and receive detailed feedback
- View replays and transcripts of your previous sessions
- Save your favorite tutors and schedule future sessions
- Access services from your PC, mobile phone, or tablet
Tutors are available to assist you in hundreds of subjects, including:
- Social Sciences
- And more
How To Log In
Students will access online tutoring through their Single Sign On (SSO) from the district website. Families should NOT set up separate accounts on Tutor.com directly as that will not provide the full, free access to the district service plan. Access to Tutor.com services will automatically populate in each student's account on Student Access through the SSO login.
- Writing a paper? Tutor.com can help with this guide!
- Tutor.com Writing Center Website
- Tutor.com Video Guides
- How it Works Written Guide English | Spanish