Organizations for Parents of Gifted and Talented Students
The Texas Association for the Gifted & Talented (TAGT) is the nation's largest state advocacy group of its kind, providing more than 3,000 members a forum for exchanging ideas and information about the education of G/T students. Membership is open to educators, parents, and businesses.
National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) is the national advocacy group for gifted children.
The National Society for the Gifted & Talented (NSGT) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization created to honor and nurture gifted and talented (G&T) children and youth. It is committed to acknowledging and supporting the needs of G&T children and youth by providing recognition of their significant academic and performance accomplishments and access to educational resources and advanced learning opportunities directly related to their interests and talent areas.
Supporting Emotional Needs of Gifted (SENG) is dedicated to the growth &Â development of theÂ wholeÂ gifted learner.GEMSSThe group, Gifted Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Students (GEMSS), is a Kindergarten through 12th-grade district-wide advocacy group for the gifted and talented students of Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD. This group is focused on providing networking, support, information and leveraging resources for students, parents, teachers, and administrators in Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD. For more information about GEMSS, please click on the links below to access the GEMSS handout and membership application.
Destination ImaginationDistrict Coordinators - Lauren Polasek (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stacey Herring (email@example.com)
Online ResourcesHoagie's Gifted Education Page
Hoagie's Gifted Education page is a one-stop shop for all things gifted, for educators, parents, and students.The Gifted Guru
The Gifted Guru provides great resources for parents and educators to promote great thinking.Duke TIP
Duke TIP is a global leader in identifying academically gifted students and providing them with opportunities to support their development.Davidson Institute for Talent Development
The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students 18 and under.2e: Twice-Exceptional Newsletter
This blog is from the publishers of 2e: Twice-Exceptional Newsletter, a bi-monthly electronic publication for those who raise, educate, and counsel high-ability children with learning issues such as AD/HD, dyslexia, Asperger's, and so forth.Enrichment Opportunities for Gifted and Talented Students
- Academic Decathlon (high school students)
- Camp Invention
- Carnegie Mellon Institute for Talented Students
- Duke Talent Identification Program
- Math Olympiad (elementary and middle school students)
- Northwestern University's Talent Search
- Purdue University's Gifted Education Resources Institute
- SMU Gifted Student's Institute
- Summer Institute for the Gifted
- Texas A&M Summer Mathematics Camp (High School)
- Texas Academy of Math and Science at UNT (High School)
- UC Irvine's Academic Talent Search
- University of Iowa's Belin-Blank Talent Search
- University of Southern Mississippi Center for Gifted Students
- The University of Texas at Arlington Science and Engineering Summer Camp
- University of Washington's Center for Young Scholars
- Vanderbilt University Programs for Talented Youth
- Western Kentucky's Center for Gifted Studies
- Wisconsin Center for Academically Talented Youth