1200 Old Decatur Rd. | Absher Building | Fort Worth, TX 76179 | Phone: 817-232-0880 | Fax: 817-847-6124Our MissionIn collaboration with students, families, and stakeholders, we provide barrier-free access to individualized instruction and interventions to maximize student potential and meaningful participation in the community.
Contact for Special Education Referrals:The designated person to contact regarding options for a student experiencing learning difficulties or regarding a referral for evaluation for special education services is:Special Programs Department, 817-232-0880Contact for Section 504 Referrals:The designated person to contact regarding options for a student experiencing learning difficulties or regarding a referral for evaluation for Section 504 services is:Allena Waters, 817-232-0880 AWaters@ems-isd.netContact for Records request:The designated person to contact regarding Special Education records is:Erica Diego, 817-847-2715 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senate Bill 139 Notice
In 2019, the Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 139 (SB 139), which requires all Texas schools to distribute the notice, "Updates in Special Education" (attached for your review). This Notice is for informational purposes only. It does not mean that EMS ISD suspects your child is in need of receiving special education services, nor does it mean anything will change for students currently receiving services. If you have any questions or concerns, or suspect your child may be in need of special education services, please call (817) 232-0880 and the department will be happy to assist you.
The following websites provide information and resources for students with disabilities and their families.
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process
- TEA - Resources on Special Education
- TEA-Delayed or Denied Evaluations and Compensatory Services - English
- TEA - Delayed or Denied Evaluations and Compensatory Services - Spanish
- Partners Resource Network
- Special Education Information Center
- Texas Project First
- Parent Handbook for Special Education - English
- Parent Handbook for Special Education - Spanish
- Transition and Employment Guide - English
- Transition and Employment Guide - Spanish
- TEA SSES