New Student EnrollmentThis process is intended for students who have never been enrolled at EMS ISD. This includes incoming pre-K students and Kindergarten students who did not attend EMS ISD's Hafley Development Center for pre-K.New students entering EMS ISD will enroll by clicking here.For students who have previously attended EMS ISD and left the district, but are now returning, please follow procedures for Returning Student Verification.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR STUDENTS! While Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD is operating under the stay-at-home orders for COVID-19, parents will not be able to supply the required documentation in hard copy form to campuses. During this period, campuses may contact you via phone or email for age verifications or other questions. Your child’s remaining documentation is required and will be requested on a later date when the stay-at-home orders have been lifted. Once lifted, the district will require documentation including the following items:
NOTE: If a student lives with someone other than a parent, additional notarized paperwork is required each school year. The Cohabitation Affidavit form is available as an optional form for new enrollees during the application process or available under Online Forms in Family Access. The form must be printed from home and notarized if you choose to complete it online. If you have questions about which form is needed, call your home campus or the Technology Help Desk at 817-232-0880.Immunization RequirementsClick here to be redirected to the Texas Department of State Health Services - Immunizations Requirements.
- Proof of residency with a matching valid Texas driver's license or identification card (see below)
- You must bring a copy of your child's Vaccination Records before you can proceed with registration at your school. (see below)
- You must bring a copy of your Driver's License or Photo ID (that preferably matches your current address).
- You must bring a copy of your child's Social Security Card.
- You must bring a copy of your child's Birth Certificate. (Order a certified birth certificate at Texas.gov)
- You must bring Proof of Address such as a Water or Electric Bill (within the last 30 days), or a Lease Agreement.
- Please bring any Legal Documentation in place and/or associated with your child.
- If your child is coming from another school district or has previously attended other schools, Withdrawal Papers are required.
- If you are enrolling a high school student, you must make an appointment by contacting your child's school of enrollment.
- Please contact your child's campus with any questions or concerns on what information is needed for your visit.
Residency Verification Required for New Students
As a public school system, EMS ISD schools welcome all students who live within the boundaries of the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District and meet state age and health requirements. New students will need to verify their residency prior to the start of school. This can be done easily by submitting a copy of one of the acceptable documents (Water or Electric Bill within the last 30 days, or a Lease Agreement) PLUS a copy of a driver's license with matching address information. Students may not be enrolled in the district if they do not provide proof of residence in the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD. Schools may request this information via email, but parents will not be required to bring in this documentation until the stay at home order for COVID-19 has been lifted.Proof of Residency RequirementsIMPORTANT: Students may not be enrolled in the district without providing proof that the student resides within Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD. Failure to provide adequate information may result in removal of student(s) and may subject parents/guardians to payments of costs of educational services.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)Q: My child or children have not attended EMS ISD. What's next?A: Please use the NEW Student Enrollment procedure to create a parent account, which then provides access for creating and submitting a student application online. Parents with existing children at the district can log into Family Access to select the New Student Enrollment tab to add a new student application.Q: My child or children have attended EMS ISD. What's next?A: If your child has attended, left the district, and is now returning to EMS ISD, please log into your Family Access account to and select the Returning Registration Verification tab to begin the process for verification of a child for the current school year. If you have a child currently attending EMS ISD, who will be returning to the district for the future school year, please log into your Family Access account to and select the Returning Registration Verification tab to begin the registration process.Q: I have children who currently attend EMS ISD but I'd like to enroll a NEW student as well. What's next?A: Access using your Family Access account and then choose the NEW Student Enrollment tab to begin the application creation process.Q: My child used to attend EMS ISD but I'd like to enroll a NEW student as well. What's next?A: Access using your Family Access account and then choose the NEW Student Enrollment tab to begin the application creation process.