1200 Old Decatur Rd. | Bldg. 4 | Fort Worth, TX 76179 | Phone: 817-232-0880
Cindy TuckerCoordinator forInstructional Technology817-232-0880 ext. 2770
Instructional Technology TeamThe Instructional Technology Team is one branch of the EMS Technology Department, which falls under the Educational Services Division.
Our MissionThe purpose of the Instructional Technology Department is to meet the instructional technology learning needs of district staff in order to promote 21st century learning in the classroom.
Our VisionThe Instructional Technology Department’s vision is to integrate new and emerging technologies into all aspects of our district including the curriculum, learning environments, and day-to-day operations in order to facilitate 21st century learning and cutting edge technology practices.
We believe ...
- the use of technology as a tool integrated throughout the curriculum supports higher order thinking skills, communication skills, collaboration, and problem solving, which are critical elements of Aspire 2022.
- student access to technology, including devices and connectivity, is essential for meeting the educational needs of 21st century learners.
- students, teachers, and administrators must be able to process and manage information through the skillful use of technology.
- the creation of an online collaborative environment is essential so that students and teachers have a workspace to share information with other learners.
- current and future workplaces require K-12 institutions to educate and train students in the use of a wide range of technology in order to prepare students for highly skilled and well paying jobs.
- technology provides a means to meet the diverse learning needs of students.
- technology provides motivation for students and facilitates their active involvement in project-based learning.
- technological resources will have a positive impact upon student achievement and motivation.
- innovations in modern technology create a demand for a life-long learning process.