• Frequently Asked Questions

    With the new USDA meal program will my student need an application to receive the free meals, either in person or remote feeding? No, your student will just go through the line for breakfast and lunch like any other time it will just not charge for the plate meal. Remote feeding you will put a piece of paper in the window of your car with your students ID# on it and they will get those meals ready for you to pick up on the table. 

    Will I be able to get more than one days meals at remote feeding sites? No, we are putting breakfast and lunch together for one day only. 

    May I pick up free meals for kids that are not in school yet? Yes, please just let the cafeteria workers know that you have a child at home that is younger than school age.

    Will my account with MySchoolBucks still fund if I have a recurring payment set up? Yes, if you do not want to fund the account during the free meals from the USDA, you will need to go into myschoolbucks website and stop the automatic payments. 

    Do I only use myschoolbucks.com to put money on my student's account? No, you can use that website to track what your students are eating and see what they are spending. You may also utilize it to set up an email reminder for when your student’s account gets below a designated amount of your choosing.

    Do I have to receive the automated call when my student has a low or negative balance? Yes, the system cannot differentiate calls from the district, your school, or the child nutrition department. If you want the calls to discontinue from Child Nutrition, make sure your child has a balance in their account of over $5.00 or a zero balance. If you do not want any calls from the district, you will need to speak to your student’s school office.

    Do I still need to fill out the meal application? Yes, if you would like to fill out the application for when the USDA meals end please fill it out and have it ready to go. Students will revert back to that status when the program stops.

    Will I receive an application this year in the mail? No. In an effort to become more “green” and reduce the amount of paper we use, we no longer mail applications home. Paper applications will still be available at the school office, school cafeteria or the child nutrition office if you are unable to fill out an application online.

    Is the application only available online? No, paper applications will still be available, but we are doing our best to “GO GREEN” and speed up the processing time by having applications completed online.

    Do I need to fill out an application for each student? No. One application per household, please. If you fill out more than one application per family, you are only delaying the process.

    How long does it take to get a response for the application? We have 10 days to process applications, but normally error-free applications are processed the same day they are submitted. A letter will be sent home when the application has been processed, or you may call to find out the status of the application.

    What is available to my student if they are on the free or reduced program? Your student will receive the same daily plate menu options that full paid students receive. Your student, no matter whether they are fully paid, free or reduced, will have to pay for any other items such as a la carte, snack or extra items.

    Whom do I speak to if I have questions about my student’s free or reduced lunch? Michelle Velasquez at 817-232-0880 Ext. 2900.

    Whom do I speak with if I have questions about my student’s lunch account or need a refund? Bethany Knowles at 817-232-0880 Ext. 2907.