SupportLinc Employee Assistance Program
American Fidelity SupportLinc EAP provides emotional wellness and work/life balance resources for you and your immediate family members.Everyone faces problems or situations that are difficult to resolve at some point in their lives. When these instances arise, American Fidelity Assurance EAP will be there to help. American Fidelity Assurance EAP provides confidential resources to help you navigate life's ups and downs. This includes confidential, professional referrals for a wide variety of concerns, such as:
Employee Assistance Program:1-800-475-3327 In the Moment Support and GuidanceVisit 1in5.info for resources on the anti-stigma campaign and materials for mental health awareness
- Marriage and Relationship Problems
- Grief and Loss
- Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Work-Related Pressures
This robust set of materials is supported by www.1in5.info, where you can find additional resources such as a mental health self-assessment, podcasts, tip sheets, links to helpful organizations and more.
Access the video online at https://www.1in5.info/flash-course-video
Curalinc Video Library: https://vimeo.com/curalinc?embedded=true&source=owner_portrait&owner=102590603
SupportLinc Monthly Newsletter-
SupportLinc Employee Assistance Program FAQ
- Does the EAP provide counselors specializing in specific areas of need such as substance abuse, eating disorders, suicide, or diagnosed mental health disorders? Our clinicians are available 24/7 for assessment, in-the-moment support, and guidance and advocacy. If the clinician recommends a referral for counseling sessions, the clinician can help locate a provider within the benefits plan who meets the member preferences including experience and specialty.
- Are the counselors LPC’s/ licensed counselors? Yes! All of our clinicians have a Masters or Doctorate degree in a mental health discipline from an accredited university; aProfessional license(s) that is current, in good standing and issued by the state to practice independently; an average of 11 years post-graduate experience providing mental health or employee assistance (EAP) services.
- Can they offer a treatment plan or refer someone who is seeking a treatment plan? Yes, we’ll assess and make recommendations to the member about the next step in their treatment plan. That may involve meeting with a therapist or psychiatrist through their benefits plan, and we’ll help locate those resources.
- Can an employee request that their in-the-moment support sessions be with the same counselor each time they call, or will they get a new counselor? Our clinicians are available 24/7 for assessment, in-the-moment support, and guidance and advocacy. The clinicians will assist the member by providing recommendations about the next step for getting treatment and connect them with those resources. The clinician can provide their direct line for any further support if needed.
- What platform do virtual visits use? In your model, the program will be accessed telephonically for in-the-moment support or for those using the eConnect mobile app they can have a live chat.
- Can they refer employees to an LPC in their area specializing in their specific need? We’ll assess and make recommendations to the member about the next step in their treatment plan. If this involves meeting with a therapist or psychiatrist through their benefits plan,we’ll help locate those resources and provide a recommendation specializing in their need if necessary.
- Which services have unlimited access?As mentioned above, your program will be accessed telephonically for in-the-moment support. Members also have unlimited access to tools and resources via the web portal and mobile app. Members also have 3 free face-to-face sessions per issue, per year.
- Do our employees have access to the app eConnect for access to virtual visits, calls and resources? Members have access to the eConnect mobile app to place calls if needed, live chat with a licensed counselor as well as access to a variety of toolkits, tip sheets, blog posts and articles relating to behavioral health and wellness topics.
- Employees who are enrolled in a TRS ActiveCare plan can also utilize virtual or telemedicine thru Teledoc for mental health conditions. Find information here: