Student Teacher Guidelines
Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD welcomes student teachers during both the fall and spring semesters. To request placement for student teaching, please follow the guidelines below.
Student Teacher Placement Requests
Colleges, Universities, or Educator Preparation Programs interested in placing a clinical (student) teaching in EMS ISD will be required to email a completed and signed Student Teacher Placement Request Form to Norma Perez, HR Employee Relations Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Only requests from Colleges, Universities, or Educator Preparation Programs will be accepted for student teaching placement.
• Requests from individual students via email, or phone calls will not be considered.
• Placements will not be made without an official request from a College, University, or Educator Preparation program.
Students and programs are strongly discouraged from reaching out to principals or individual teachers requesting placements. All requests should go through the Human Resources department as outline above. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but placement is not guaranteed.
Student teachers are required to complete a Student Teacher Placement Application for Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD.
Timelines for Placements
• Fall Semester Deadline – June 1st
• Spring Semester Deadline – November 1st
Placement availability is limited; therefore, we ask placement requests to be made as soon as possible. Placements are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. It is extremely helpful to have all requests for student teachers submitted at one time. This allows ample time for us to secure the appropriate placements for each student teacher. Please be aware that depending on the volume of placements, it is possible that not all requests can be accommodated.