Freshman Action Plan
- Get to know the resources available to you at your high school including your School Counselor, College and Career Readiness Specialist, and the campus College and Career Center.
- Meet with your counselor to familiarize yourself with your Personalized Education Plan.
- Take challenging courses to prepare for college.
- Get involved in volunteer/community services activities and keep of log of your time.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Consider signing up for the PSAT and/or PreACT college readiness testing.
- Attend the EMS ISD College Fair.
- Explore various career pathways and take career assessments.
- Sign up for challenging courses for sophomore year.
- Look into summer jobs/internships/volunteer activities.
- Consider leadership positions in extracurriculars for future years
- Explore college websites.
- Consider a college savings plan.
- Start visiting college campuses and talking to family and friends about their college experiences.
- Begin searching for scholarship opportunities.